Design Idea: Treeview for Groups

MaHoMey2 years ago

Hi,

I am using the Web platform (new and old) very intensive and I have created a lot of groups which are also depending to each other. I mean one group is the parent and have children groups and these also have children groups.

But now in my list it is totally confusing and impossible to see which group is a child of whom. I also have some groups with the same name and this makes it totally horrible.

Is there a design change planed to see the groups maybe in a treeview or minimum has a filter function of the list and also additiona column with parent group?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

There's group filtering available.

MaHoMey2 years ago

Yes, I found it! Strange, hadn’t found it before.

Another question:
I have a user in a child group and he is allowed to create new groups. But can I block him to rename / delete his own group?

The only option is to make him read-only, which would prevent him from changing anything in the system.

MaHoMey2 years ago

But that’s not what I want. He should be able to add groups for his own but not edit and remove the group he belongs to.

I personal think that a user should not see in which group he is and has the option to modify it. Doesn’t make sense in my eyes.

Groups are groups of devices. You can't add users to groups. You keep saying that a user belongs to a group. That's not how it works.

MaHoMey2 years ago

Oh yes, you are right! The user can organize the devices in groups but the users are not grouped.

Is there a user group available? Is it planed?

No and no plans at the moment.