the location of the gps on the platform is not modified

control taken2 years ago

cordial greeting, I have written for the reason of requesting help from anyone who has presented my problems

context:
some gps devices freeze on position and update location (coordinates) even if they move in a place where when querying gps status with signal GPS:ON GPRS: ON but coordinates on traccar server are not changed There is the same, I consult through SMS and it gives me the location in the place where the vehicle is actually located, but in the

The platform does not change and it remains frozen in green but with the same coordinates only on the platform since it sends me the location by SMS without any problem, but the strangest thing is that the events and notifications of movement and vehicle shutdown arrive.

I am attentive to any suggestions I think it is due to the cache on the server or something similar I do not know well, since regarding the location query via SMS it is correct and the configuration towards the platform is also correct like all the other devices nothing changes,

The only way to solve it is to remove the device and re-add it, but it is quite tense to do it all the time, besides, I lose the vehicle's travel history and event reports and everything remains blank when adding it again,
but after adding it it starts to work without problem on platform.

I am totally grateful to the person who can suggest me a possible solution or wants more context.

Richard Acosta2 years ago

is a gt06... (generic maybe)

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Have you checked the timestamps? It could be that your device reported a random location in the future and after that Traccar will ignore the positions with earlier timestamps.

control taken2 years ago

verifying, I suffer a lot in the coban 403 gps they use gps103 5001 protocol, I just disabled reverse geocoding, and configured the time zone, in the queries by SMS the time is correct but I am verifying and it happens to me that is with the devices that pass for sites without a signal and when they return to take a GPRS signal they do not update the coordinates on the server, also disable the geocoding as it works, at the moment the problem is very few devices but it is something recurrent it is not at the level of all the devices and what happens same with different GPS, I will continue to be attentive in tests to find this cause of the incident.

currently it happens as in 3 or 4 gps at the same time of the 120 that I have in that VPS and it always happens when they arrive somewhere without GPRS coverage they freeze,

It should also be noted that in the VPS the hardware is 2GB of RAM and 1core 20SSD I made a configuration some time ago in the swap to increase performance and I don't know if it is also due to that although I doubt it, almost all of them work well and the problem occurs when they arrive at sites without a GPRS signal

control taken2 years ago

I understand that the expected behavior is that when it arrives at a site without a GPRS signal, the device does not send coordinates to the platform, but after it reaches a site it should automatically update coordinates and which it does not do, lasts up to 1 day, there is frozen or even more, and the only way to solve it is by removing and adding it again, which is deficient since all the information in the database is lost when removing a device.

A possible cause is the configuration in the SWAP memory of the VPS that I configured, but it had worked well for more than 1 month and the problem presented is a maximum of 5 devices, no more than the rest without a problem.

Likewise, I already disabled geocoding and updated the time zone, I will be attentive to look for causes that trigger this problem, anything I will comment on the solution in case I find it.

Track-trace2 years ago

@control taken

Just an idear, disable all Filters for testing if you added any to traccar.xml

Richard Acosta2 years ago

¿Did you try sending a reset command to the device when is not reporting?

control taken2 years ago

si he realizado de todo pero nada funciono, creo que el problema se debe ser por los dispositivos, saque unos nuevos hize unas pruebas llevandolo al sitio donde tenia el problema y lo presente nuevamente, y pasa con otros dipositivos tambien se estan usando lo coban 403a, funcionan bien pero cuando se quedan sin señal y despues de un tiempo vuelve al sitio con señal no se actualizan coordenadas, lo dejare de trabajar por el momento ha de ser defecto de fabrica

imarinkovica year ago

Hi,
I think I'm facing same problem here, devices not updating at regular periods (30s) when ACC:ON; did you solved? I'm going to try removing filter.future

Thanks in advance.