Some notifications don't work anymore.

Richard Acosta2 years ago

Hello, I'm still on 4.xx Traccar at production since first 5.x versions gave me some issues.

Notifications about geofences are not working anymore. All other are ok.

There's a chance (can't remember actually) that I tried 5.x on production server and went back to 4.xx
Could some change on database/tables make this behavior possible?

I'm about to try latest 5.xx on production server, could that solve it?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

How did you go back? The database schema is not guaranteed to be backward compatible. Did you restore a backup?

Richard Acosta2 years ago

Then I didn't go back.
As I said, I've been fiddling with 5.xx for some time but on test server, and I can't remember if I even tried on production server.
Was this missbehavior that made me suspect maybe I tried and did'nt work so went back. But if there's no compatibility then I never tried it on production yet.

So if this issue is not related to such attempt then something must be wrong with notifications themselves. ¿api key maybe?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

I don't know if it's compatible or not. It might be, but not guaranteed. It can also have some issues even if most things are working.

Richard Acostaa year ago

Still notifications not working correctly.

Most users don't receive any, some receive only online/offline, I (as admin) receive some from some devices, and from my own vehicle started to receive geofence notifications some days ago without doing anything.

(A lot of odd behavior all around, since 4.12~4.13.)

Anton Tananaeva year ago

If you want to report some issues, we would need a way to reproduce it.

TempoGPSa year ago

Did you manage to solve the problem. I have problems with geofence. When i set a geofence and a unit enter or exit goes offline. After while goes again online for a few seconds and then again offline. When i delete the geofence all is good.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Have you checked logs?