Send GPRS command to FMB920 via Traccar Web API

Dona year ago

Hi All,

How to send GPRS command to FMB920 via Traccar Web API?

please advice.

many thanks in advance

Don

Dona year ago

I have tried the following:

Select device,
In the Popup card select the arrow pointing upwards,
Leave Saved Command as "New",
Select "Custom Command" as Type,
Enter your command in the Data tab, e.g. getinfo,
DO NOT select " Send SMS",

it thrown an exception!:

ERROR: null value in column "description" of relation "tc_commands_queue" violates not-null constraint Detail: Failing row contains (4, 17, null, powerOff, f, {}). - PSQLException (... < QueryBuilder:473 < DatabaseStorage:89 < CommandsManager:88 < ...)
Joysticka year ago

In your database, delete the "description" table in "tc_commands_queue".

Joysticka year ago
Dona year ago

Hi Pete,

I tried to renamed the column "description" of tc_commands_queue, now it thrown me with different exception below:

ERROR: column "description" of relation "tc_commands_queue" does not exist Position: 31 - PSQLException (... < QueryBuilder:473 < DatabaseStorage:89 < CommandsManager:88 < ...)
Joysticka year ago

Don’t rename it,
Drop it as in delete the table altogether

Joysticka year ago

Are you using v5.5

Dona year ago

I use traccar-linux-64-5.4.zip

Dona year ago

ok, now I have upgraded to v5.5, looks like one of the update was to remove the description column in the tc_commands_queue table,
I have tried to send "power off device", it goes back to the main page and the device doesn't power off.

Btw, do you know where can I find list of supported device brand/model for this (power off device just for try).

Fyi, currently I try to "Power Off Device" to Teltonika GH5200 (Personal Tracker), and I will try to engine cut off on Teltonika FMB920.

Joysticka year ago

See below link for FMB920 commands.
Not sure which devices use power off command

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB920_SMS/GPRS_Commands

Dona year ago

GPRS command requires CODEC-12, do I need to convert it before submit it via Traccar portal or I just use human readable command (ie. getinfo)?

Joysticka year ago

No need to convert,
Why don’t you just test it by sending getinfo and see the response

Dona year ago

I have tried to enter "getinfo" and it keeps going back to the main page, I still investigating this, that's why I thought it have to converted into CODEC-12, please let me know if there is something should I check.
thank you

Joysticka year ago

It will return to the main screen and the result will appear in a small box on the bottom.
Run a events report and select result as Event type and see if you received results

Dona year ago

I have tried many times with custom commands

getinfo
getver

and also select from the list

power off device
reboot device

but it only shows 1 record;

2022-12-07 18:07:51 Command result unknown command or invalid format

now I check the list was empty (don't know why, I have restarted the server but the type list keeps empty)