Osmand protocol not updating position anymore (5.2 to 5.5)

jvdsa year ago

Hi,

I recently updated my Traccar server from version 5.2 to 5.5.
I updated position data for some devices using the osmand protocol, and this worked with version 5.2.
However, now it does not work anymore. I see in the server logs that it receives and processes the osmand request (see below), but I do not receive position events and I can see in the web api that the position of the device is not updated (new devices just have no position because it is not set).

[....] connected
[...:osmand < ...] ...
[...: osmand > ...] ...

Kind regards

jvdsa year ago

UPDATE: Is it normal that the Traccar server consumes ~75% of the CPU? I did not see the usage of previous versions but this may be the culprit as restarting the server sometimes updates the position of the devices that received an osmand call. Also, requests of my server take very long (>1s sometimes) as opposed to a few hundred ms in the old version.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Is it normal that the Traccar server consumes ~75% of the CPU?

It depends, but most likely it's not normal.

As for the OsmAnd issue, impossible to tell without looking at the real log.

jvdsa year ago

Hi Anton,

I've looked at the logs and the following error message keeps popping up after the server receives the osmand protocol calls after a while. I have the feeling that this is connected to the osmand protocol not saving the positions:

[...] error - Cannot invoke "org.traccar.model.Device.getUniqueId()" because "device" is null - NullPointerException (MainEventHandler:104 < ... < BaseDataHandler:29 < ... < *:29 < ... < *:29 <... < *:29 <... < *:29 <... < *:29 < ... < *:29 < ... < *:29 < ... < *:29 < ... < *:29 < ... < *:29 < ... < *:29 < ... < *:29 < ... < *:29 < ... < *:29 < ... < *:29 <... < *:29 < ... < GeocoderHandler:81 < ...)

Seems like my osmand requests open a new connection "[...] connected" but the server does not close that connection because it cannot complete the osmand location update. When I received the above error messages, all previous connections closed and my cpu usage was back to normal. Do you happen to know what problem could generate such an error?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

This error indicates that the device is missing from the cache. Maybe it's already disconnected or some other reason.

jvdsa year ago

Thanks for the information. For some reason, the problems dissapeared after a while, but I will report back if the problem would return.