5.5 slower

ubiteca year ago

Greetings, and good morning, I have installed versions 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5 from scratch on 2 different vps as a test and I notice something strange, version 5.5 takes longer to carry out the initial load than the previous ones, but in demo servers it is almost instantaneous , the other demo versions on the servers lasted the same as the ones I've tried (obviously clearing the cache or entering the browser's hidden mode to be sure)
the specifications of the vps are 4cpu 36ram 180gb ssd and 8cpu 30ram 800gb ssd, both in Ubuntu 22.10 x64

is there any modification, or implementation so that the latest version behaves better? Thank you all

Anton Tananaeva year ago

The size of the app is about the same, so there shouldn't be any noticeable difference. We do have some differences in how APIs are called, so maybe there's a bit of a difference there.

Either way I would recommend checking your browser network console to see what takes longer. That way we won't need to guess and you will see exactly what's taking time.

I'm only using the API integrated into my ERP.
I use version 4.xx
what will change in the API if I update?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Overall it should be the same, but there were some minor changes in the APIs. Don't have a list of all the changes.

ubiteca year ago

That could indicate a difference between my servers but it is obvious that the traccar demo servers load much faster than the downloaded versions even when they are installed from scratch or are there differences between them and the published ones? Or do vps now require more capacities to achieve faster access?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

We haven't changed anything on demo servers and they run standard Traccar installations. We don't even do any optimization apart from connection timeouts.