Jetty webserver version

DerekTPa year ago

I have TracCar v4.14 running, all's good... except that I have warnings from an external network audit that Jetty 10.0.6 has some security vulnerabilities, that are resolved in Jetty 10.0.10.

I've installed TracCar just by running the install executable, which did everything for me, and "just worked" :-) Do any later versions of TracCar use Jetty 10.0.10, and if not, what's involved in upgrading to 10.0.10 and would TracCar continue to work without modification?

I suspect the advantages of the later version are minimal, but the client is (understandably, I guess) concerned about the security warnings so want to make sure I check out the impacts / feasibility of upgrading.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

Anton Tananaeva year ago

We're using Jetty 10.0.12 in the current version of Traccar. If you don't want to upgrade Traccar for some reason, you can update the dependency and recompile the binary file.

I suspect the advantages of the later version are minimal

This is a pretty disrespectful comment. Maybe you can at least elaborate what you based this statement on? We did a lot of work since version 4.14.

DerekTPa year ago

Anton, I meant the later version of Jetty. Sorry I wasn't clear! Thank you for the prompt response to my query, looks like I'll upgrade TracCar and will check out the changes. Your work on this is very much appreciated, believe me! :-)