Zoom setting for device selection

Matt Bunce7 years ago

I have a server-wide zoom setting for the inital map location and it works great.

When I click any active device the map re-centers and the zoom level changes. This makes a lot of sense and it is a good feature, but I would like the zoom level to be even more. How can I change the zoom level that is used when I select an active device?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

I believe you would have to modify some JavaScript code for that.

Matt Bunce7 years ago

Do you know where I might find it? I have tried debugging in Firefox and Chrome, but it's not my strong suit and the amount of JS was making my computer run VERY slow!

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

You should probably look at the web interface source code on GitHub.

su3 years ago

Matt Bruce how can i get that? mine does not zoom when clicking a device..

Isisaro2 years ago

I have a server-wide zoom setting for the inital map location and it works great i too but when I click any active device the map no re-centers and no zoom level on the device. How can I change the zoom level that is used when I select an active device? thanks

stuthemooa year ago

Have a look at line 88 in /traccar-web/modern/src/map/MapPositions.js

You can increase the max zoom value so that the map zooms closer when you click a device or cluster.

stuthemooa year ago

Sorry my last response only affects zoom when clicking a cluster. For devices zoom level see line ~13 of /traccar-web/modern/src/map/main/MapSelectedDevice.js

const selectZoom = useAttributePreference('web.selectZoom', 10);