Updating device details without location coordinates

Vladimir Sa year ago

Hi, is there any way to update device details, when there are no valid gps coordinations? I have freematics one+ and i have added battery status to ping back loop. When car is idle, it is pinging back server with some information.

By default device information without BATTERY:
xxxIDxxx#EV=7,TS=timestamp,ID=xxxIDxxx,SSI=-77*E
after change i see:
xxxIDxxx#EV=7,TS=timestamp,ID=xxxIDxxx,BATTERY=10.2,SSI=-77*E

I want to view battery status and device signal in details tab.
Thanks al loy

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Is that a standard format for Freematics or something that you've customized? Do you have a documentation link?

Vladimir Sa year ago

Here you can see.. i am using udp connection, i have added only BATTERY information, i can change it to 24:xxxx

https://freematics.com/pages/hub/freematics-data-logging-format/
https://freematics.com/pages/hub/api/

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Is 24:xxxx the original format? If yes, please provide a sample of what it looks like and we can add support for it.

Vladimir Sa year ago

Yes, it is original format, but in this format it is sending only when device is running, not in idle status.
this is sample of data when sending it with valid coordinates, this works ok and updating when there are device coordinates.

IDIDIDID#0:354350,24:1154,20:0.02;0;-0.01,10:17574920,A:49.130219,B:18.694633,C:397.6,D:0.2,E:0,F:8,12:158,82:46*26

this is sample of idle ping back to server.. i want to update data when there are no coordinates.

IDIDIDID#EV=7,TS=5942333,ID=IDIDIDID,SSI=-77*E

Anton Tananaeva year ago

So it is a customization? I'm confused.

Vladimir Sa year ago

No, samples above are real, without customisation.

This is original, ping back to server from freematics one+ device

IDIDIDID#EV=7,TS=5942333,ID=IDIDIDID,SSI=-77*E

it is sending information about signal. But it is not updating device information when it is idle.
I have added only battery parameter.

IDIDIDID#EV=7,TS=5942333,ID=IDIDIDID,BATTERY=10.2,SSI=-77*E

I want to see SSI= and BATTERY= updates when device is idle and sending data without coordinations.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Correct, so what you have added is a customization. Maybe you can merge it into the official Freematics first and then we can add it in Traccar?

Vladimir Sa year ago

there is no request from any user to see battery status when car is idle.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Is that a question or statement?

Vladimir Sa year ago

Statement

Anton Tananaeva year ago

I guess I confused again. I though you needed it.

Vladimir Sa year ago

Yes i need it, but there are no requests from another users to do this. I am doing this only for my own use and traccar is not refreshing data. I hope there is some switch in traccar to set, to update data without sending coordinates.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Well, if it's just for you, then we cannot add it to the official version. You can always customize the code, but I would rather add it for everyone. Anyway, it's your call.

Vladimir Sa year ago

Ok, but what about SSI information? It is default and it is not updating when car is idle.