Modern interface - optimization problem?

Lukasza year ago

Hi,

I have trackcar version 5.5. I use both modern and legacy interfaces.
I noticed that when reporting routes with a lot of data (the device reports every 5s), the legacy interface is much better.
The legacy interface can generate a 14-day route report, the modern can not generate 2-day route report - it gives the error "Aw, Snap! Out of memory" (chrome browser - Windows 11).

Is it similar with you? Is optimization of the modern interface planned?

Lukasz

Deboraha year ago

I'm going to tag along, I've noticed this problem as well.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

How big is the report? The legacy app should actually use more memory for reports.

Lukasza year ago

Raport is big - the device reports every 5 seconds. A day is 17280 records.
Modern interface:
1 day - 17280 records - works in www but report Export doesn't work (Out od memory)
2 days - 34560 records - doesn't work (Out od memory)

Legacy interface:
15 days - 259 200 records works in www
Export doesn't work but whitout error (after clicking the export button it becomes inactive, after a few minutes it becomes active but does not download the excel file)

Lukasz

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Can you please provide a screenshot of the error.

Lukasza year ago

Of course:
Error

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Interesting. And you tested both on the same PC? How much free memory do you have there?

Lukasza year ago

Yes, this same PC, this same report period, browser, GPS device, traccar instalation.

Lukasz

Anton Tananaeva year ago

What about the second question?

Lukasza year ago

Sorry for that.
Laptop total memory - 12GB.
Modern:
2 days report:
Before test free 4,9 GB. After:

Legacy
10 days report
Before test free 4.0 GB. After:

Anton Tananaeva year ago

I tried to make a report for about 150k records in the legacy app. The app didn't crash, but it didn't load anything. The tab just froze.

Lukasza year ago

For me, the Legacy application generates reports correctly for 150k+ records (generated correctly a 15-day report with - 259,200 records). However, the Modern application has a problem with generating 30k+. The Legacy application works fine, I have a problem with modern.
And you have Modern able to generate a report with 30k+ records?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Why do you need such big report? Mostly for the map?

Lukasza year ago

I have several vehicles that report the time every 5s (requirement of the etoll system in Poland). It's basically impossible to see more than 1 day on the map (which is very handy). On a smartphone, the number of records displayed is even smaller than on a computer.
In the Legacy app it worked. Is there a chance to optimize the modern application?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

If it's just for the map, have you tried the replay?