How to get rid of firebase, or server doing whatever it wants.

Richard Acostaa year ago

I'm several months fighting against this crappy behavior (already spoken on this some other times)
From time to time, server messes notification types, assigned users, assigned devices, behavior and everyone is getting angry, me the most.

Since last october, several users complained notifications stopped arriving at their telegram chat, when I go to check, some times I find disabled notifications, some times I find missplaced notifications, some times I find NEW notifications and their settings all over the place.

I NEVER configured firebase notifications, they all apppeared some day and server started acting.

I'm still on 4.x (15 If i'm not mistaken)

None of this was created by me, nor the users, they are not allowed to... suppossedly
None is mine

Richard Acostaa year ago

Off course, the correct notifications and settings appear disabled.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Traccar does not create or modify any notifications by itself. If there are changes, either some user did it or someone did it directly via the database access. If a user changed it, you should be able to find it in the logs.

Richard Acostaa year ago

None of that to be found.

Richard Acosta8 months ago

It's traccar manager app each time I create a new user and install the app to that person.
It all goes bananas BEFORE the user even touches the app and i'm not duplicating stuff... So.. it's Traccar, either server or manager.

Richard Acosta4 months ago

Again, another user installed traccar manager in a new phone and all notification configs went bananas. And again all those firebase notifications and setting to all devices instead of everything I made previously.

Theres several times the same notifications, is crazy.

Richard Acosta4 months ago

There's more notifications than before, note the smaller slider bar on the side.

I just had to assign all notifications to me and delete them. I left a few, now wait for them to appear again.

Anton Tananaev4 months ago

Once again, the official Traccar version does not create any notification configuration automatically. If you have new notification configuration, someone or something must have created it.

Richard Acosta24 days ago

But Anton, users have limited capabilities, they can't create anything that I won't allow.

This behavior is every time I install the traccar client app on a new cellphone/user. That's why I had to stop using it, it messed the server every time.
Even when there's an old user that deleted the app, once installed again, the same behavior occurs.

I'm the only administrator, i'm the only one that can make those configuration changes.

Anton Tananaev24 days ago

My guess is that you have some code customization that messes it up.

Richard Acosta20 days ago

Nothing at all.

I download and install linux version for production. And that's all.