Password Reset Link 404 - Not Found

Joey Skaggsa year ago

Today we upgraded from 5.0 to 5.5 on our ubuntu traccar server. Everything works as expected except for the password reset link. When we follow the link that is sent to use via email, the page comes up 404 not found. Link is pointed to http://(subdomain).(domain).com/reset-password?passwordReset=(token)

Anything to check first?

Ended up doing a reboot of the server in addition to clearing cache on the browser being used.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Are you using the modern app or the legacy?

Joey Skaggsa year ago

We're using both. I get the same result if I start from the legacy version or the modern version.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It should work in the modern app. Are you sure you're using the standard Traccar and folder setup?

Joey Skaggsa year ago

Everything should be standard. Only thing(s) we've modifed, is the config file to show server URL and enable emailing and disabled geolocating.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It should work with the standard Traccar:

https://demo.traccar.org/reset-password

Joey Skaggsa year ago

Sooo... I'm not sure if it's related but I attempted to make some changes to a user profile and received the following error message:

"Unrecognized field "token" (class org.traccar.model.User), not marked as ignorable (24 known properties: "readonly", "limitCommands", "deviceLimit", "poiLayer", "fixedEmail", "login", "name", "latitude", "administrator", "phone", "longitude", "userLimit", "zoom", "twelveHourFormat", "attributes", "deviceReadonly", "id", "email", "coordinateFormat", "disableReports", "password", "map", "disabled", "expirationTime"])
 at [Source: (org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.ReaderInterceptorExecutor$UnCloseableInputStream); line: 1, column: 437] (through reference chain: org.traccar.model.User["token"])"

Anton, should I make a new thread or do you think this might be related to my password reset issue? Again, this only started (I assume) after updating from 5.0 to 5.5.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Completely unrelated to the password reset. This error probably means that you haven't updated the web app or you simply forgot to clear the browser cache.