Traccar Frontend Hanging

Fareed Qureshia year ago

Hi,
I am running traccar, but I have few quieries about server capacity.

1. Any idea how many devices we can add in Traccar, As I saw a post in which a person is running 100K devices. I have put only 5000 devices and frontend is not loading at all.
  2. These devices are assigned to a single user and when we access that user frontend load very slow or never load, Will it beneficial if we divide devices in different user if yes then What are suggestions, maximum how many devices can be divided in each user.
  3. Server is 8GB RAM, 260GB HD , Ubuntu 18.04. What are suggestion regarding server specs.
Anton Tananaeva year ago
  1. When someone says they run 100k devices on a server, they probably don't try to display all those 100k devices on the map at the same time.
  2. Yes, it will definitely help. How many - not sure. I would recommend trying it yourself. Let us know what works.
  3. Frontend performance has nothing to do with the server specs. Slow backend will never result in a hanging web app.
Fareed Qureshia year ago

Thanks for your reply, I will definately try and let you know.
Please confirm one more thing, is there any settings through which we do not show all devices on map but still get there events.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

No.

control takena year ago

cordial greeting, there are 2 suggestions first keep in mind. 1. That if you are going to load all the vehicles in a single account, keep in mind your computer and the hardware is powerful so that you can visualize, generally it is not the fault of traccar but of the computer and internet speed.
2. I suggest a very powerful PC to open that number of devices, although it would be better performance if you divide them into 2 or more users so that you can open it on a different computer, remember that every page where you enter is made up of your PC's hardware