Teltonika FMB140 data error

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Maybe, but it makes no sense to have a keep alive packet for UDP communication.

Kaloyan Kaneva year ago

They comming like others parameters, as IO. Traccar not save it separately in other place.

hornyakna year ago

@Anton: It is TCP.
@Kaloyan: OK, so then I need to add manually these parameters? How can I check them what the device are try to send?

Kaloyan Kaneva year ago

Button "More info" in popup info window

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It is TCP.

NO, it is not TCP. I can see in your logs that it's UDP.

hornyakna year ago

Yes, you are right, i dont remembered it correctly. So, primary server is UDP, backup server is the same with TCP... Then i absolutely dont have idea what is that "one byte".
Is there any simple way for example in linux cli to decode these message what comes from the device and see what is in?

hornyakna year ago

@Kaloyan: I found it, thanks. :)
What can I do when some datas are not in there? For example, on teltonika configurator i can see, that for example engine rpm, fuel level and exact odometer state is readed from the canbus, but i did not see these values here.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

I think you're right that it's a keepalive message, but it seems like a device bug. UDP shouldn't really have a keepalive. Maybe the issue is that you configured two servers on the device and one is UDP and one TCP and the device is sending keepalive by mistake to UDP as well. Is the keepalive configurable?

Kaloyan Kaneva year ago

@hornyakn, as I see you have no experience with Teltonika devices and probably your device configuration is totally wrong!
Why you have backup server which is the same as primary? That is absolutely wrong! You can set backup server if the first one not responding! Otherwise you will make double traffic from the sim card without reason.
Now you sending the same data to the same server, one time over TCP, other over UDP. Why??
If you want we can help you. Share the config file from your device, but... I don't know if this is the right place, because this forum is for Traccar discussion...

hornyakna year ago

@Anton: Tomorrow I can check it.
@Kaloyan: No, this is my first work both with the devices and traccar too. Why this setup wrong? I have one server, but if it is a network error (or the firewall on the server) and the UDP is not reachable, then try it via TCP on same server. There is no duplicate data.

Kaloyan Kaneva year ago

Yes, it's will be.
1: Just turn off your backup server.
2: Set the first one over TCP
Don't worry about losing data, FMB140 have 128MB integrated memory, when the server comming online, your device will send all information.
After that you will write here in the forum: "Thanks guys, everything working excellent" ;)

hornyakna year ago

Hi! The option called "Network Ping Timeout (s)", which i set to 30 earlier. At morning before start i set it back to 0 (i think this is the default), and no more "ff" message. (I leaved the backup server enabled in "backup" mode with the same server and port, just the protocoll is TCP.) So, yes, this is a keepalive message, which is not really required due the internal memory, and it doesn't have any impact to UDP.

hornyakna year ago

In the device details there is many values looks like this: https://www.imgpaste.net/image/Kw6W2z
How can I known what is for example io6 or io200 value? Can I rename or override it somehow? There are a lot... One of them maybe the odometer value in the car (i think it by the values)...

Kaloyan Kaneva year ago

You can check it at FMB140 AVL
For the names, you can use computed attributes.
If you using API for custum UI you can translate all parameters in one json file.
Traccar gives a lot of decisions

hornyakna year ago

I did not use Custom UI...
So, I need to find all fill every attribute like this one? https://www.imgpaste.net/image/Kw685E