Can't disociate devices from users and some notifications won't work anymore.

Richard Acostaa year ago

It all started when I tried to update my old 4.x installing 5.x over it but server stopped working.
I could'nt make 5.x to start and had to roll back installing again 4.x over it.
(it was very early 5.x version, 5.1 or 5.2 maybe)
I like latest interface and it's way of being handled is a lot better for the end users, so I would like to update and start using it.

I NEED devices history so I can't get rid of everything, database, etc... to start from scratch, also there's too many devices and users to make all once again, one by one.

• The first thing I lost was some notifications sent to telegram.
    • Online and offline notifications reach, but alarms and speed notifications don't.
    • There's even some users that receive not even online and offline notifications.
    • I can change and add notifications to any user, and configure any notification, I've done it several times already, and go one by one making sure everything is as it should. The odd part is, once in a while stuff gets changed, and is not me.
  • Some time later, I found out that once I add a device to a user, I cannot remove it from him any longer, that user will have that device forever unless I delete the device from server.
  • I can install latest 5.x version now and it will work mostly fine, like a charm should I say, but this two issues still remain.

My main concern is notifications... Since config files (.xml) were always the same and nothing has changed, I think it may be something stored on database, so: Is there anything that I should/could edit/add/delete on database directly to get notifications running again or erase them to start adding them from scratch without affecting all other stored data?

About inability to remove devices from users..: Is there any flag or value that I can change to fix this?

My production server is still running the latest 4.x version and can't touch it until everything works fine on my test server.
My test server is on my home network running on an arm microcomputer, closed to the world.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Why are you saying config files (plural)? You should never use default xml configuration from old versions. That might be one of the issues.

Otherwise you really need to do some troubleshooting on what's not working, what errors you get etc.

Richard Acostaa year ago

¿How do I disable unused/unwanted protocols unless I edit default.xml?

Richard Acostaa year ago

Even with the default default.xml I can't disociate devices from users.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

We have protocols.enable configuration parameter that you can use to enable only selected protocols.

Richard Acostaa year ago

and that can be used....
where?
how?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Have you checked the documentation?

Richard Acostaa year ago

Yes and there's no explanation about it, just the mention of it's existence.

Richard Acostaa year ago

Anyway, It still will not allow notifications to reach it's users nor devices to be detached from them

Richard Acostaa year ago

Still waiting for an answer.

Richard Acostaa year ago

Yes, still...