Unable to run Mysql 8.0 and Traccar 5.7 ubuntu 23.04

Nikkoa year ago

I have an EC2 instance on AWS and I am trying to run traccar on ubuntu 23.04 with mysql 8.0 but without success.

Configuration in Traccar.xml:

<entry key='database.driver'>com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver</entry>
<entry key='database.url'>jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/traccar?zeroDateTimeBehavior=round&serverTimezone=UTC&allowPublicKeyRetrieval=true&useSSL=false&allowMultiQueries=true&autoReconnect=true&useUnicode= yes&characterEncoding=UTF-8&sessionVariables=sql_mode=''</entry>
<entry key='database.user'>User</entry>
<entry key='database.password'>Password</entry>

configuration in Default.xml:

<entry key='logger.level'>FINE</entry>

but the log does not record anything because traccar cannot start, or so I think.
I don't know what to try anymore, I set the IP of the server, port 3306 is open and listening.
I would like to know if it could be a problem of compatibility of versions or if it is necessary some dependency. in mysql the user has all the necessary permissions, as well as the configuration files.

Track-trace2a year ago

Why dont you use 22.04 ?

23.04 does not even have Long Term Support (LTS)

https://ubuntu.com/about/release-cycle

The Next LTS release will be 24.02

Nikkoa year ago

I just checked the system version, actually I am using ubuntu server 22.04.

hvendramea year ago

When you run systemctl start traccar, It doesn't write log?

Track-tracea year ago

So how do you start traccar ?

Even without mysql running you should errors in traccar log.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

I suspect you have a problem with your configuration. I see that some characters are not escaped. For example &. Make sure that your config is a valid XML file.

Nikkoa year ago

I have been able to solve the problem, I have performed this procedure many times and I always had problems, now I know why and I will tell you about it.
My browser automatically translates from English to Spanish, because of that, "&" was replaced by only "&". In addition, I have always created the database in the wrong user, since I created a new user to use from root, as well as the database from the root user. Luckily correcting those points now works perfect.