some addresses are Null

LoadManager8 years ago

Periodically the address in the positions table is null. I have also seen blocks of records showing null addresses even though the Long and Lat return addresses if I enter them manually into OpenCage.
For example, coordinates 40.8585527, -73.2124043 was null but when I entered it into OpenCage web-site it returned.
"Statue of Whisper the Bull, Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787, United States of America"

Also from 2016-09-22 21:23:32.920 to 2016-09-23 12:28:48.753 it did not have any addresses even though the Long and Lat did provide valid addresses if entered manually.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this and/or back fill in the addresses?

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Were those marked as valid? If yes, then it must be a problem with your reverse geocoder. Either network issue, or it just doesn't return any result.

LoadManager8 years ago

Yes they were marked valid. I guess it was a network issue. It is just surprising because the server sits on a top notch hosting provider.

It might be a problem with your reverse geocoder provider as well.

pwongkk8 years ago

Any idea for the null records in the database, is there anyway to re-run the reverse geocode to fill in the location?

It's possible to manually fill address column in the database. I guess you would need some kind of script to run through everything and fill out the details.

pwongkk8 years ago

Wonder if anyone has the script or if this can be added into a requested feature for future release?

LoadManager8 years ago

Anton would know if someone has but if they have not and you want us to write a script for you we can do it but it would cost at least $500. If you are interested let me know and I will talk with my programming team and get you a firm quote.

@pwongkk, I can provide you a quote as well. Send me an email if you are interested.

LoadManager8 years ago

@pwongkk,
I think it would make more sense to work with Anton on this.
I don't need it now but I would probably need it within the next few months. Depending on how much Anton would charge us, would you be billing to split the costs?

@Anton,
Thanks for letting us know you would be willing to the work on the script. I am new to the forum and I had no idea you could do this for us but now that I think about it, that does make sense!! Duh!!
:-)