Traccar stops responding

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Does web interface still work after positions stop updating? If yes, it's unlikely a memory issue.

You are running official Traccar release and the only changes are in the config file, correct?

nick_iles9 years ago

Hi - web interface is off for traccar as integrated to openGTS. OpenGTS web interface is still working fine.

Yes no other changes to traccar other than config file. Standard install.

I have no ideas left. The only option left is to debug the process. Can you get jstack dump of the Traccar process?

nick_iles9 years ago

hi, me neither... I'll try and do a jstack dump tomorrow- not done that before, so will have to do some reading. Might also try and standup another VPS and try on windows.

nick_iles9 years ago

Hi

Tried this on both Windows server and linux - same issue occurs when integrated to OpenGTS. Also getting reliability issues with just the Traccar server and Traccar web view. Can you clarify the Traccar server should be writing to the log file in /log even on Windows?

Yes, on Windows it writes to the same log file.

Can you provide more details about reliability issues? I am running latest release on the demo server and it's actually more stable than 2.x versions. It hanged once because of exceeding number of connection, I fixed it with resetDelay parameter and it's been running without any issues since then.

Have you tried to obtain jstack? It's a very simple command line tool that should tell us why you instance of Traccar stops responding.

nick_iles9 years ago

Hi Anton

I have the same issue now on both linux and Windows, after about 8-10 updates Traccar stops writing to both log file and database - so no more location updates. Ran Jstack on windows and its complained about missing DLLs - which require some additional debug tools apparently from Oracle. So now looking to put that in place now I can give you access to the linux box if any use?

Nick

It should be easier to set it up on Linux. You just need to install JDK from repository.

If you have any problems with that, I can take a look. Email me SSH connection details.

nick_iles9 years ago

Just did this, not sure if any use:

[scouttrack@scouttrack traccar]$ jstack -l -F 18115
Attaching to process ID 18115, please wait...
Error attaching to process: Doesn't appear to be a HotSpot VM (could not find symbol "gHotSpotVMTypes" in remote process)
sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.DebuggerException: Doesn't appear to be a HotSpot VM (could not find symbol "gHotSpotVMTypes" in remote process)
at sun.jvm.hotspot.HotSpotAgent.setupVM(HotSpotAgent.java:411)
at sun.jvm.hotspot.HotSpotAgent.go(HotSpotAgent.java:305)
at sun.jvm.hotspot.HotSpotAgent.attach(HotSpotAgent.java:140)
at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool.start(Tool.java:185)
at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool.execute(Tool.java:118)
at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.JStack.main(JStack.java:92)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at sun.tools.jstack.JStack.runJStackTool(JStack.java:140)
at sun.tools.jstack.JStack.main(JStack.java:106)

Are you running Traccar with HotSpot VM?

asatsi9 years ago

Hello Anton,

I encountered exact same problem today. The logs for the device stop after 10/15 log entries for the device to the log file tracker-server.log. Is this something to do with the Open GTS integration.

I also had to insert imei number for the device through the Open GTS WebUI in order to get the device tracked on the map. I am using OpenGTS_2.5.9, traccar 3.0 on CentOS 6.5, Oracle jdk1.8.0_45. For POC purpose, I am using my iPhone and the traccar client. All the while, the traccar client app status states - location update without issues. I have put the frequency for 10 seconds.

Also I see this message in the log: 2015-07-13 12:50:21 INFO: Query not provided: database.updateLatestPosition
(I have removed all SQL and updated them with the ones required for Open GTS integration).

This is frustrating and request your help to get over this issue.

This is the output of jstack:

jstack -l -F 27823

Thanks and Regards,
Satish

You need to provide database.updateLatestPosition query in the config file. You can put something like DO 0; if you want a query that doesn't do anything.

This issue is already fixed in the master branch on GitHub.

asatsi9 years ago

Thanks Antony for the quick reply!

Can I get a build off the master branch? Or do I have to build it myself?

I would recommend to use workaround for now because master branch contains more changes.

asatsi9 years ago

Never mind. Was able to pull the sources and build them through maven script as documented in README. This looks to be working very well now.

Thanks a lot!