traccar serverless on AWS

peper2 years ago

Hi,
Has anyone tried to run traccar in containers using AWS ECS service (with EC2 Linux or as a Fargate)? I'd like to run it serverless in the public cloud with an external serverless database. Has anyone tried such an approach? Do you think it will be possible?
Regards,

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. We have a docker image that you should be able to deploy there.

cristianormoraes2 years ago

@peper any updates? Did you tried ?

Mikael2 years ago

We have one running on Fargate behind NLB and ALB connected to MySQL RDS. Seems to be working fine. Our main issue at the moment is that ECS services do not support more than five target groups, meaning that we can only have UI port + 4 different protocol ports open.

cristianormoraes2 years ago

@Mikael Need to change something at the code to run in Fargate ?

Mikael2 years ago

No changes were required. It is scaled to only one service instance as the horizontal scaling is not yet fully supported.

erickjohne8 months ago

Has anyone tested this function with the new traccar? It seems promising , we have huge load of devices running at the moment so we can't test in production but would appreciate if anyone can share the recent tests

Mikael8 months ago

What function exactly? What "new" Traccar, version >=5? What is huge load of devices? What tests?

We have not yet horizontally scaled as there hasn't really been the need and the documentation is a bit ambiguous.

cristianormoraes8 months ago

Traccar 5.9 can do it?