Traccar 3.7 OBD 80 Tracker using H02 protocol Location issues after update

godfreyjh8 years ago

Greetings

I am using traccar-linux-64-3.7.zip on a Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS. I added a OBD tracker known as ODB80 using the h02 protocol.

After creating the account and installing the tracker, within a few hours the the location readings went from normal with normal co-ordinates to junk. ie placing the tracker far from the actual position etc. Looking at the server log file the tracker appears to be giving out its correct position.

I downloaded the update from https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgmlansv32j3ii0/tracker-server.jar?dl=0 and replaced tracker-server.jar with the downloaded one. Everything seemed to work fine alas after 23 hours and then the problem reappeared.

I was wondering if another another update been issued for tracker-server.jar.

All my other devices appear to be working just fine at least from what I can see.

Where to from here?

Regards

Godfrey

Anton Tananaev8 years ago
godfreyjh8 years ago

Dear Anton

At the risk of appearing stupid I am not sure of myself here, I read the thread, the config mentioned #8339 I guess would be traccar.xml.

I added the line in here

<!-- DATABASE CONFIG -->

<entry key='h02.messageLength'>45</entry>

I am not sure if this is the right spot to add the line.

After restarting the server no change I am still getting way off real time positions.

I am wondering if I missed something.

Regards

Godfrey

It doesn't really matter where you put it in the config file.

Can I see logs?

godfreyjh8 years ago

Dear Anton

To simplify things and save a merry go round, I will email you the logon details so you can see for your self in 'real time' what is going on.

Regards

Godfrey

I looked at the logs and the issue is not with message length. Your device uses 32 bytes message which is the default option.

godfreyjh8 years ago

Thank you Anton

Excellent,

I will monitor the affected tracker and report back if there is a further occurrence.

Regards

Godfrey