Questions about Traccar 5.8 Features

brianara year ago

Hello everyone, I've been searching through the forum but I haven't found answers to some questions I have about Traccar version 5.8. Specifically, these topics:

1. "Faster reports with some reduction in accuracy." What does it mean by losing accuracy? Can I choose to use this feature or is it the default now?

2. "Trip parameters can be configured per device." What happens with report.trip.minimalTripDistance and report.trip.minimalTripDuration? Are these set up with calculated attributes? How does that work?

3. "New filter for messages without location data." What happens with messages that don't have a location but do have other important data? Is this option active by default? How can it be enabled or disabled?

4. "List of current geofences moved from devices to positions." What happens with the geofence data that was saved in devices? Is it lost? Do I need to migrate it?

Thank you for your time. I've searched the forum, so if there is already an answer to my question and I've overlooked it, please let me know so I can read it.

Best regards!

brianara year ago

About question 1, I quote an answer from Anton: "That's expected. In the new version, we have 'fast reports' that you can control using the report.fastThreshold configuration parameter. The value is in seconds."

So I assume that if I want to disable it, I have to add this line in the Traccar.xml:

<entry key='report.fastThreshold'>Here go the seconds</entry>

In that case, how many seconds should we use to virtually disable this fast report option?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

.2) They are configured with regular device attributes.

.3) It is not enabled by default.

.4) Lost, but it's only current information is stored there. You're not losing any history. Migration is done automatically, as usual.

brianara year ago

Thank you, Anton, for the quick response.

.2) The way to do it is by creating two calculated attributes within the desired devices? The format would be to add minimalTripDuration or minimalTripDistance as calculated attributes, of string type number, and then the seconds?

.1) Is it correct what I assumed about modifying the fastThreshold in Traccar.xml?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It has absolutely nothing to do with computed attributes. It's regular device attributes.

Gps man7 months ago

Do we have any place where we can get answers on setting these new parameters, still i am not sure how to use these parameters to my best

1. "Faster reports with some reduction in accuracy." What is the value in seconds reflection of, is it no. of seconds for which accurate data should be pulled and rest to be left ? How do I disable this ?

2. "Trip parameters can be configured per device." From where i can set this up. Didn't find any such option in the UI. It is from the config file. If yes, how to set this up.

3. "List of current geofences moved from devices to positions." from devices api this information will no longer be available and will be available in positions api ? am I correct ?

4. A feature to adjust speed limits threshold -- How ?

Gps man7 months ago

any update on this

Anton Tananaev7 months ago

The best place would be to check the code.