How can I filter wrong coordinates

ildar6 months ago

Regarding this comment:
https://www.traccar.org/forums/topic/how-can-i-filter-wrong-coordinates/#post-91648
Was it said here that latitude & longitude became 0 ?

Asking because I have a problem - my 2 android phones almost every night jump to ~0 coords:
https://www.traccar.org/forums/topic/mobile-phone-jumped-to-0000117-0000040-for-10-minutes/

diagnoz5 months ago

Yep, lat and lon were zero, cause terminal sent it.
And report doesn't work correct.
If you want improve thos you should improve report (in src code).

ildar5 months ago

Stop.
First you said that your device sent lat & long = 0.
Why do you say that report did not work correct?
And how improving a report generation may affect your "device sent 0" issue?

diagnoz5 months ago

I mean lat & lon were ZERO and my device SENT them.
The "Summary" report shows distance for my device 53038.24 km this is to much.

How to improve ? Just open src code (java) and rewrite it ))

ildar5 months ago

What you are saying is trying to improve a report by filtering these potentially faulty coords from a device.
So, this is not mainly about a "report" - this is about filtering potentially faulty values - which will affect not showing them neither on a map nor in reports.

But the main issue - wth the device reports these 0 coords?

diagnoz5 months ago

"But the main issue - wth the device reports these 0 coords?"

I think the device may have a bug or someting else. But I saw this picture (lat & lon == 0) in a lot of devices from different manufacturer.
And usually this propblem solving in server soft.

ildar5 months ago

I started observing 0 coords just for last few weeks only with my two Android devices.
4 iOS devices do not report 0 coords.

Also, I wanna track a moment when Traccar reports 0 coords - and then open a device & check if it shows same 0 coords ))

diagnoz5 months ago

You can install another one trac programm to phone and wait this problem, after it you compare reports from different devices.

ildar5 months ago

Have been thinking about same way; was using Life360 as a reserved tool until it stopped working in Russia.
Thanks for the advice!