Video Dashcam GPS

James Reed3 months ago

Hi All,
I am looking into video / GPS tracking and was wondering if any successful setups are using Traccar?

I am interested in front and rear-facing dashcam, if there is an issue, the logged in user can search through the trips and video associated to that trip within Traccar.

First - is it possible?
How does the video get stored?
Is there a server spec requirement?
If someone has this running currently, what setup are you using in regards to device and configuration.
Is there something I should look out for such as problems or issues that you encounter?

If I may be looking to get a device so I can setup and test so looking for any feedback.

Thanks in advance

Joystick3 months ago

Hi James

I am currently using Teltonika FMC125 with Teltonika Dualcam which is supported by Traccar.
You can configure devices to send images when events are triggered, i.e. harsh braking etc which, if configured will store a image of the front and rear view (driver) in the media folder. Folder name will match the identifier number of the device.
You can also request images or videos by sending a gprs command.
No real issues just keep in mind your sim data usage will increase once you start to send images and/or videos.

Joystick3 months ago

Forgot to mention the Dualcam still acts as a standard dash-cam and have 2 x sd cards so you still have the option of collecting video footage from the sd cards, the FMC125 gps just acts as a gateway for sending footage to the server

AvlMexico3 months ago

Hello Joystick, did you use any additional configuration, such as attributes or something like that, how do you view images and videos in Traccar? They are downloaded to the PC, do you see them online? It would be interesting if you gave more information!!

James Reed3 months ago

Thanks so much Joystick, appreciate the info.

Going to order to test it out :)

Joystick3 months ago

Hi AvlMexico,

Once a photo is sent from device you can view them by running a events report and use media as your type.
It is saved on the traccar server in the media folder but when you open it via events report you can download/save it to your pc.