I request information regarding the speed limit concept "speedLimit"

gmlmaino3 months ago

When we enter this value in the server configuration part, in the traccar graphical interface, there is the value that we added, for example, 185 kmh, it records in the database, speedLimite=185.
Now, however, if the entry is made in device attributes, the value of speedLimite=185,
We obtain in the database the value converted into kn, approximately 100, the question, what is the criterion, by which in the server attribute it is recorded as we added, and in the device attribute it is recorded converted, acalration, in the In both cases, the attributes also have the unit value of speed in km.
Thanks to anyone who can clear this doubt for me.

Anton Tananaev3 months ago

Usually speed values are stored in knots.

gmlmaino3 months ago

Yes, correct, it is the criterion, I think that from the beginning, what I do not understand, is because if it is allowed to directly record the value that one places on the server, that was the question, and if it corresponded to something specific that I would not be understanding
because you say they are usually recorded,

I don't think I understand what you're talking about.

gmlmaino3 months ago

I didn't understand the first message?
If I enter 185 in the device attribute( via modern web app), 100 is recorded in the database, and if I enter 185 in the server attribute, 185 is recorded in the database, it is not converted to kn, now you understand

I just tested and both attributes are converted the same way.

gmlmaino3 months ago

Yes, you're right, for some reason the tests I did certified what I was telling you, I just reviewed it, I did the tests again and it's as you say, thank you, and sorry;