fuel report

Angelo4 months ago

hi,
is the fuel info sent from gps device? and what are the gps device that has this info? thanks.

Anton Tananaev4 months ago

Yes, it is usually reported directly by devices.

acalabro2 months ago

Hello Anton,
It is possible that you could tell me a formula to create a calculated field that shows the estimated fuel consumption in the reports. I use GPS without sensors... and I simply want to know what formula to apply to calculate the distance (on a trip) or as a summary of how much fuel was used approximately...
My vehicle consumes approximately 20 liters every 100 km.
I have already created the calculated field when I do tests it shows me a value... but when I run the reports the column is at 0.0l
I haven't been able to find any answer to this on the forum.

Thank you

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

Have you checked the documentation? Have you linked the attribute? Have you waited for enough data for it to show in the reports?

acalabro2 months ago

I have read the documentation and there is not much information regarding the names of the fields, for example, to do a calculation. I have read several comments on the web asking about the same thing and I don't see any favorable response.
In my case I have defined a calculated field for fuel consumption with the expression "distance * 18 / 100. where distance I assume is the partial distance traveled, the value 18 is the average consumption of my vehicle every 100 km and then I divide that by 100... when I do the test with a device... the test box shows me a value that seems correct... but when I generate a report in the web interface... the fuel consumption field is still empty... in the sector From STATUS a field appears that shows the consumption (from the last position received) but in this case the value is expressed as nn l/h. Is there any advice you can give me or tell me an article to read about it? Thank you very much

Why are you using distance? What attribute are trying to calculate?

acalabro2 months ago

I want to calculate fuel consumed, on the day, or on the trip, it depends on the report I request.

My GPS does not have sensors so I want a calculation that takes into account an estimated fuel value.

For example,
If my vehicle consumes approximately 10 liters every 100 km... and in the daily summary the report shows me a distance of 150 km... the field should indicate 15 liters...

I think you should solve the problem step by step and understand what you're doing. First of all, trips use fuel level to calculate consumption. It probably means that using distance from one position to another as a source for your calculations makes no sense. The expression also should be very different. I strongly recommend you research the forum a bit more before you proceed. These are good examples on the forum on how to solve this exact problem.