ServerTime from positions API different from ServerTime of database

Hello, good morning everyone, I have a question:

Why is the ServerTime, DeviceTime and FixTime shown in the Positions API response different from the ServerTime, DeviceTime and FixTime stored in the database? I want to understand this:

ServerTime in database: 8/04/2024 8:46:14 a. m.
DeviceTime in database: 8/04/2024 1:46:12 p. m.
FixTime in database: 8/04/2024 1:46:12 p. m.

ServerTime in Positions API response: 2024-04-08T13:46:14.000+00:00
DeviceTime in Positions API response: 2024-04-08T18:46:12.000+00:00
FixTime in Positions API response: 2024-04-08T18:46:12.000+00:00

Anton Tananaeva month ago

Have you checked the timezone?

Hello Anton, thanks for responding, are you referring to the time zone of the device or Traccar or the database?

I'm referring to the timezone of the data you provided as an example. Just want to make sure you're not comparing apples to oranges here.

In both cases I put the times as they are stored in the database and as the output of the locations api shows, I have not added anything additional, the device is reporting in UTC

Basically what I want to understand is when the servertime time stored in the database (which is the correct time of the moment the information was stored) changed at the time of generating the query to the locations api, I see that the change The thing is that the servertime time was moved forward 5 hours (I am in Colombia GMT-5) but I have not manipulated the time zone in any case, I want to understand in which process the locations api made this change.

MEGATRACKGPS SASa month ago

This is a very common problem that has been solved many times. The problem is mostly configuration, that you should look for traccar time, vps time and both time zone cases

We don't make any changes. Again, check the timezone you see in the database.

I don't understand... the actual date and time in the database is correct (ServerTime in the database: 04/08/2024 8:46:14 AM) please just explain to me why it changes in the api report locations...if necessary I will pay for 1 hour of your professional service to clarify this. I don't think Traccar is wrong with this, I'm sure I'm the one who doesn't understand why the servertime changes from the database to the locations api, I just need to understand, it shouldn't be difficult to explain, I think...

I don't know how to help if you're refusing to do a simple thing - check the timezone of your data in the database.

If you want to use professional services, you can always email us.

Maybe today is not my day... sorry, tell me how can I check the timezone of my data in the database?

I don't know. That depends on the tools you're using.

Fix a similar problem as follows:

VPS Time: Physical Time of your VPS (Recommendation not to change).
GPS Device Time: UTC 00 (The devices are already preconfigured in that time zone DO NOT CHANGE).
Traccar SERVER Time: Your Local time, the only thing you have to configure is your time zone for each user account.

YOU SHOULD NOT CHANGE OTHER VALUES.

That solved a lot of problems especially with GT06 devices and others.

Very tks Urdanegui Castillo

I want to thank Anton and Urdanegui Castillo for their responses, I was really able to understand what my problem was and solve it, as always their timely responses help a lot. Thank you a thousand and a thousand!