Excessive Geocoding Requests after Traccar server migration

Vadim17 days ago

Hello! I recently migrated my Traccar installation from an older server running a version just one or two updates older than 6.0 to a new server where I installed Traccar 6.0 from scratch. After transferring the database and addeding the configuration file settings from the old server, I've encountered an unexpected issue with Reverse Geocoding requests.

On the old server, I was using OpenCage Geocoder, and manual address requests were consistently active, with daily requests averaging around 50. However, since moving to the new server, there has been a surprising spike in the number of requests, shooting up to 15,000-20,000 per day, despite having the same configuration settings. This massive increase means that the free request limit is exhausted by midday.

The same issue occurs even when I revert to the default configuration file that comes with LocationIQ in clean Traccar installation. It seems as though some automated process is generating geolocation requests at a high rate, and I'm unable to pinpoint the source or reason for this behavior.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Anton Tananaev17 days ago

Upgrade to 6.1. It has the fix.

Vadim17 days ago

Thank You, Anton! I will try.