300 GPS trackers and Traccar server

darreno7 years ago

Finally!
The time has come, over a year of testing many cheap Chinese trackers with Traccar server, Global SIMs, different batteries, we finally have the "right" mix that doesn't create heartaches.

Cold winter weather in Canada will kill most Chinese trackers in their steps. Lithium prismatic cells, alkaline batteries, Lithium Ion don't like the cold. Lithium Thionyl Chloride however will operate -55 to +85C

Thanks to the effort of Anton, he's helped us a great deal in adding the protocol to Traccar.

All we have to figure out now is how to add 300 EMEI numbers into Traccar server in a fast and quality way. Barcode scanner maybe?

Here's a look at the new 3G trackers ready to commission:

66 Trackers 100 trackers Batteries in assembled
Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Traccar has an API which you can use to add devices using some script. Not sure where you get the IMEI numbers from. Barcode scanner might be an option if there is a barcode with ids. Another possibility is that you have sequential numbers in which case you can just have a script that will automatically iterate through a range and add all devices.

darreno7 years ago

Good idea about the API to use. I can try using Postman.

Each Tracker has it's own 6 digit serial number unique to each unit that embedded in the firmware and shows up in the protocol.
Each Tracker box has that 6 digit barcode and a barcode for the IMEI number too.

We have a client who has a trailer fleet of 18,000 trailers so this will be a good project.

Traccar has a configuration option to automatically register unknown devices. Might be useful as well.

darreno7 years ago

Where can I find the configuration script?

That would be great!

You're a very talented individual Anton, great service and great product. I am always amazed with your customer support skills, how fast you reply and how you help others. Thank you for your efforts!!!

That's not a script. It's configuration parameter:

1. "database.registerUnknown" - you can set to "true" to register unknown devices
  2. "database.registerUnknown.defaultCategory" (optional) - specify device category
  3. "database.registerUnknown.defaultGroupId" (optional) - specify group for the device
Smotics, lda7 years ago

Hi darreno, I'm looking for the cheapest 3G tracker that is reliable and works with traccar, can you please share the model that you are going to use?
Thank you!

darreno7 years ago

Hi Smotics, Ida,

Sorry we don't offer cheap solutions.

Our trackers are enterprise grade and don't fit into cheapest solutions.

Smotics, lda7 years ago

Hi again darreno, even if it is not cheap, we are looking for the most reliable 3G GPS model to work with traccar, can you share the model you'll be using on your 300 devices?

darreno7 years ago

We use:

Remora for real time tracking port 5137

Oyster for non-moving asset location port 5137

Remora with Lithium Thionyl Batteries

We are a Canadian company and therefore our clients need units that operate efficiently in cold weather.

Batteries have worked down to -30C no problems. Operating range -55C to +85C

Oyster with 3 x AAA Lithium Ion

Both with Global SIMs that operate in 140 countries.

We've tested the entire solution for the past year for large, enterprise customers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv602i5mmrxag1b/Remora-3G.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbtragosweur8qq/remora-batteries.png?dl=0

Trackers work efficiently based on good tracking platform like Traccar, Batteries, Battery Life, SIM cards and IP67/68 housings.

Smotics, lda7 years ago

Thank you!

Ellen Liu7 years ago

Hi Mr Smotics,

We can provide cheap 3G vehicle gps tracker, if you are interested in, please kindly contact me by ellen@eelink.com.cn. Then I will send some cataloge to you.

Thanks.
Ellen

treblig7 years ago

@Ellen :
how cheap is cheap ?
what's the MOQ at eelink ?

Thanks.

Ellen Liu7 years ago

I think this is formu of tracker car, it is not suitable for us to disscuss these things, sorry

treblig7 years ago

@Ellen : in which case you might as well stop all of your marketing posts altogether on said forum, no ? Wouldn't that be more coherent ?