3G Devices

renaud5 years ago

AFAIK, there is no microphone in the LK209-3G, so, apart from the fact that you cannot track people without their knowledge, I don't know why they would be forbidden.

Bulli5 years ago

Oh, I missed that up. You‘re right.
I just wondered, why there are no resellers that ship from Europe. Shipping from outside EUis often a bit trouble for me.

renaud5 years ago

You can probably find resellers shipping out of Europe if you search a little bit, but many/most will have rebranded the device and will sell you the service with the tracker. And to be honest, this is the way it is expected to be.

renaud5 years ago

Sorry, my bad, there is indeed a microphone in the lk209c trackers. I never use that feature and use m2m data only SIMs, so I forgot about it.

Bulli5 years ago

I found a reseller in uk and ordered one. So as it‘s delivered inside EU there will be no problem with the customs. I won‘t activate the mic, so hopefully it’s legal. I‘ll report my experiences here.

Bulli5 years ago

LK209 has arrived, looks good.
But I can't connect to my traccar server :(
It seems that the device doesn't support dynamic ip address, only works with concrete ip address.

Bulli5 years ago

And now unfortunatly I cant even track on the default platform lkgps.net anymore. The device is shown, but since change of adminip and reset to 101.1.16.228 7700 it is marked as offline
GPS is working fine, gprs seems not to work
Can someone help me?

renaud5 years ago
  • You can flash the firmware, which will reactivate your device, but it's unlikely you will ever be able to get it. And you will need a special cable.
  • You can use a cheap VPS with a static IP which will forward the requests to your dynamic server.
  • You can use the same cheap VPS to host traccar.
Bulli5 years ago

Great hints! I took solution no 3, now my private traccar-server ist hosted for about 2,40€ per month!
Thanks.