access position history after deleting and recreating a device

control taken2 years ago

cordial greeting, I am writing because of a doubt that has arisen, due to certain actions that I have carried out and it is reflected in the mysql database, which is normal behavior as a SQL manager and is as follows.

when I delete a device for X or Y reason and when I add it again I cannot see the position history in the reports before having deleted it, it only allows me to see the route history since I added it again and the old position information remains there saved but no access to it.

What modification in the information in the tables should I do to access the id in the mysql tables again, which would allow me to access the position history before removing the device and re-adding it and recreating all the new positions stored with the old ones so as not to unnecessarily enlarge the database since every time I delete and recreate the same device regardless of whether it is the same IMEI, in the database it will have a new ID, which I am looking for to know in which tables I could modify this ID so as not to suffer any loss of access to positions and information that the GPS has previously sent.

I do not know if this question has been asked before, but in my search I could not find something similar successfully, any suggestion would be excellent to be able to solve these problems when I need to eliminate a device and add it again for any reason (the most common reason is due to because some gps stop sending coordinates or it takes a long time to connect and the fastest way is to delete them and add them back but on very few occasions it happens)

x6883992 years ago

You could do some SQL changes to the database.
The field "id" in table "tc_devices" should correspond to the ID in the table "tc_positions".
You could do an update on either tables to change the id. The database ID is unique and does not reflect the "uniqueid" of the hardware device.