AKAI AK-GT02 GPS Tracker

APZa year ago

Hello… very new to this app, looks awesome and can’t wait to get it working.
I have a Chinese branded GPS tracker, and trying out your demo server (UK) to just see how things work.
I’ve been using this GPS device with the manufacturers app which is not that great, AKAI. So looking to use it with Traccar. I’ve read about the supported devices and ports and so on, but can’t find anywhere in their interface when adding a device to specify the port. When I look at the AKAI app, I can retrieve the device ID ICCID.. is it as simple as adding this ID… or should I user the EMEI number for the device? I’ve tried to add my cellphone EMEI but in both cases I get Offline status… what am I missing? Do I need to setup my own server for this to work, in which case what is the purpose for the demo site? Thanks

Anton Tananaeva year ago

For device id you should usually use IMEI or a serial number. In most cases it is printed on a sticker on the device.

As for configuring port, I guess you need to check the device manual. Maybe you can send a specially formatted SMS.

APZa year ago

Thanks for the feedback… so the missing piece of the puzzle is I guess to configure the GPS unit to send data to the Traccar server. Not entirely clear in the documentation but thinking about it makes perfect sense. I thought perhaps any EMIE device could be tracked but of course for security and privacy reasons this would make a whole lot of sense.