Automatic Application Activation

Carlos Muranda2 years ago

Hi,
I could realize in my account there are some of the devides in "Unknown" status. I remember even in DEMO period when the device is off or out of signal coverage, it passes to "unknown" status. The point is there are a lot of them are still in "unknown" status form a lot of days, it is abnormal.

Even in my case, I detected this behaviour (M: +56992507681) for few days. I need to have access in whole time to the location of devices. Is there any manner to run an dayly automatic location request or automatic Traccar application "turning-on" ?

In my case, I had to enter to the mobile application and the mobile started to report the location again, it is not fair, application would be "always-on" whenever the mobile is on.

Please, let me know your comments and solution for it.

Best regards

Carlos

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Is this about the Traccar Client app?

Carlos Muranda2 years ago

Anton,

I think it is both. For one side, the Traccar client app even is turned on, sometimes passes to "unknown" status. I konw it is due the device is out of GPS or Data coverage, it is normal, or even if the user set "Service status = Off". So in the WEB Application, the mobile appears as "unknown" status.

Additionally, in my own mobile [removed], I could realize it stop reporting location to the server after I restart my mobile. I just could realize after 2 days when I checked my location. So even it was ON whole this time, it didn't report its location, just until I enter to the Traccar Client App, just open ("Service Status=On was as default) and did nothing more else and re-start to report its location.

The issue is some mobile users do the same, they turns off the mobile during the night and turns on on the morning and seems the Traccar Client App is not reporting its location anymore.

Please, help me ... I need everytime the Mobile phone is ON, and the "Service Status=ON", the location being reported. Or if there is any routine that can be run automatically (even manualy since server) to "wake-up" the Traccar Client App in the mobiles.

Our served address is: http://removed.example.com/

Best Regards

Carlos

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

You need to find out why it's not reporting. Check the troubleshooting guide to start with.