background app stops receiving positions

Santiago2 years ago

I would like to know if this happens to anyone else, when leaving the application in the background for a few minutes, the device stops moving when the application is reopened. (The only solution is to close the app and reopen it)
it seems that the socket stopped working, but I have no way to test my theory.
i am using traccar manager original app and demo.traccar.org server.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

I thought we already fixed this issue.

Santiago2 years ago

I also think that it is solved with this FIX
but I was able to verify that it really isn't, that's why I decided to use the original manager app and demo server to verify it.

I guess we'll need to debug to see what's happening. Is it easily and consistently reproducible?

Santiago2 years ago

if it is fully consistent and reproducible. I am doing it with the latest official version of traccar manager and server demo.traccar.org.
If you want I can provide a user with a constantly moving osmand device to verify it.

What are the steps to reproduce?

Santiago2 years ago

with traccar manager log in to demo.traccar.org with a device reporting every 10 seconds in constant movement (for example), then leave the application in the background for a few minutes (between 10 and 15 min) and when you put it back in the foreground plane will see that the device no longer moves.

I did the test and when the application is in the background it does not update the location of the devices to be able to see the device updates again you have to force close the app and reopen it

Santiago2 years ago

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

no, I had reported this problem but in this version it still persists, let's hope that @anton tananaev responds in this post

Tested on the latest version of Traccar Manager and Traccar 5.4. Waited for 20 minutes in the background, but I'm still getting updates.

I now suspect that you're still using outdated version of the web app. Remember that there's a cache that you have to clear.

Santiago2 years ago

I insist that I am using the latest version of traccar web, even I get the same result using the demo server

OK, but how did you clear the cache?

Santiago2 years ago

First I tried clearing the cache of the app and then I tried reinstalling it.

Well, it's not reproducible for me. So, the only suggestion I have is to debug it on your end.