Battery Powered Device - USA Based Seller

Jason4 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for a portable battery powered Traccar supported device that can be purchased from a US seller (preferably from Amazon). I have looked at the compatible list on the traccar website but I cannot seem to find any devices available from US based sellers that allow access to their API information. Everyone wants you to pay for their service. I really like Traccar and would prefer to remain onboard with Traccar.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Happy 4th of July

Thank you,
Jason

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

How about CalAmp devices?

Jason4 years ago

I just googled CalAmp and nothing hardware related showed up? I appreciate your suggestion. Could you please reply with a link to something specific?

Much appreciated,
Jason

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

First link I see if I google "CalAmp GPS":

https://www.calamp.com/products/vehicle-trackers/

Jason4 years ago

Ok I see the units CalAmp has. It appears these units are install units. I am in need of a portable battery powered unit, the smaller the better.

It seems very strange to me that finding a device that can be purchased on Amazon or eBay amongst the huge list of compatible devices listed on your site is so difficult...

Your help is greatly appreciated. Once I am able to find a portable battery powered device that is easy to purchase and compatible with the Traccar server software I will post a link to make it easier for others in the future.

Thank you,
Jason

Miroslav Strasil4 years ago

It depends on what you need (how long you need to be powered up, updates, other features), but for portability and for use by runners, bikers and kickscooter racers i had to "develop" my own device. So maybe you could do something similar. Its fairly easy these days.

Here is the picture what i have now. (nice small portable GPS tracking device - smaller then a pack of cigarets :) )
Tracker

Jason4 years ago

That is pretty nice.

What GPS hardware/chips did you use?

Thanks for the reply,
Jason

Miroslav Strasil4 years ago

Here is the info. It's in Czech language but translate could work. ;)
tracker

I am using tk103/gt02 device.
Whole cost for a tracker HW is around $20 :)

Jason4 years ago

It did translate correctly.

Looks great, very nice project.

Thank you,
Jason

Jason4 years ago
treblig4 years ago