Blank screen after entering server URL on Android x86

Slya year ago

Hello and thanks for this amazing job!!!

I could configure Traccar Manager on several devices successfully, but could not use it on an Androidx86 VM :
Traccar manager app shows a blank screen after entering any valid server URL (my server or demo either, serves an error if invalid).

Could connect through web browser to both server on the VM.
Tried to uninstall and clear cache and data; download it again through PlayStore or apkpure : same behaviour.
No activity reported by server logs.
I tried to update Chrome browser (with a "x86" apk) to update "Webview" components, without any effect.
Would you have any idea to try?

Useless screenshots

Anton Tananaeva year ago

What version of Android is that?

Slya year ago

Sorry, I forgot that, Android 9.0 x86 last build of Android x86 project on a VM.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

That's a pretty old version of Android. I suspect it doesn't support some APIs that we use in the web app.

Slya year ago

Thanks for reply !
Well Traccar manager app is working fine on a phone with Android 7.1ROM of 2017/2018.

What is the last version of Android you consider "supported" ?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

I think it all depends on the WebView version and not Android version itself. So I don't know the answer. You can try running in a debug mode and connect browser console to see what the errors are.

Slya year ago

Well I'll give a go to BlissOS with a more recent Android version.

Phil Buhlera year ago

Yep. My S8 has v9 and it also doesn't work these last few months. I tried everything. Traccar client works fine.

ScumCodera year ago

Same as above: Android 10, API 29, Manager shows blank screen after entering URL, Client works fine.

Question: does the Manager depend on Google Play Services?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

There are two flavors. One depends on Google services and one doesn't.

Slya year ago

So the one independent from Google Services should be grabbed at GitHub repo ?
https://github.com/traccar/traccar-manager-android/releases/download/v4.0/app-regular-release.apk

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Yes.