Can I have a temporary link to show a device

Marc3 years ago

Hello --

I'd often find it convenient to get a third person temporay access to my Traccar server, for the explicit purpose of following a device for a given time. E.g. 'let's meet later in the day, you can follow my progress to our meeting point with this link'. Sort of a throwaway link that would expire automatically after 24 hours or so and just shows the current position/recent movement of one specific device.

Is that feasible? I have snooped around a bit, but not found anything that would immediately fit.

Thanks

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Should be possible. There's an expiration day for a user. You can make a read-only user with access to a single device. And you can use token link for access.

Marc3 years ago

Thanks - I've been able to create a user and login by token, and tying the device ID to the user created.

Although, how can I limit time visibility? Just because I give an outsider permission to see my current position, I would not want to share my location history. Ideally it would give permission from the moment I create the user to the time it expires.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

There is no way to restrict reports.

BerndFfm3 years ago

You can change the ID of the device.

If you write your own app you can send the location to 2 servers, one has an temporary device id.

I need the same for operations of our search and rescue dog teams.

The id of the device is sometimes chached.

Greetings Bernd