Change the device server IP remotely

Hani5 years ago

Is there any way to change the device server IP remotely

Regards to all

trackinguser4455 years ago

device = ? Be more specific

Hani5 years ago

If have Ruptela ECO4 for example and configured to be connected to 192.168.1.115 and want to change to another 192.168.1.180 can I do by sending a command to the device to change the IP?

so you programmed it manually when it was offline, started using it, and you want to keep it online and change the destination address??

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

It is usually possible to configure device using a remote command, but most likely you would need to use custom command for that. Check with your device vendor to get the expected format.

is there a reason you need to send to a alternate IP? Redundancy? N+1?

there are some solutions available to change the destination IP or receiving VPS if that is what you just need.

Hani5 years ago

The reason for this that there a new regulation in Saudi Arabia that all heavy trucks MUST implement GPS tracking device, only companies approved by the government allow to providing this service as they link their tracking servers with the interior ministry monitoring system, they start with the heavy truck but I believe it will go for all cars in the country, so all heavy truck implemented the device before must shift to approved service providers. we talk about 12 million cars running around the country.

in between now the cost to get government approval to provide a tracking system service is 135,000 USD.

Hani5 years ago

Trakinguser445,

whould please name the solution?

Hani:
well, like anton said "It is usually possible to configure device using a remote command, but most likely you would need to use custom command for that". Another solution is software/hardware based--offered in the cloud or on-premise. Do you have any specific premise requirements? If you ask Anton to forward your mail we can ask him to forward so we can have more questionnaire to see this solution fits your scenario.

you can also insert a contact here but it may get spammed if you do email..

Hani5 years ago

Do you have any specific premise requirements?

I'm not sure about, that is why I post here

"Traccar software provides high performance and stability on Windows, Linux or any other platform. The server can be self-hosted in the cloud or on-premise. We also provide a number of hosted options with professional support"

Does your regulation in KSA require on premise, means inside KSA?

Hani5 years ago

I have installed Tracker in the cloud, but know I need to get approval from the government, this what I'm working on it now. My question here is how to change the IP and port remotely, I thought maybe anyone here can recommend a solution.

As a basic user, the answer is no. With some variations, including hardware and software and support, you can achieve this. If you want further consultation ask.