Child tracking watch

Humanoid6 years ago

Are any child tracking watches supported? I've searched the device list for every child watch name I could think of, and did not find a single match. If anybody can help me find a child tracking watch (for a 6 year old) that allows me to use my own server, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I think most of the Chinese watches are supported.

Humanoid6 years ago

I've searched for Chinese watches, the ones I found still seem to depend on a 3rd party server for communication and setup. If the server shuts down, I won't be able to setup the watch anymore. I've seen other tracking watches that stopped working because the company that made them shut down.

I also don't see how I would enter my server ip address on the watch. Is there a special sms message that I can send to a watch to configure it? Or do I have to use the 3rd party server and app?

Are there any tracking watches that are truly standalone, depending only on my own server for operation?

Yes, usually most GPS tracking devices are configured via SMS. There are tons of the watch models that don't depend on vendor server. Search forum.

Humanoid6 years ago

Nice! I searched for "watch sms command list" and found some. Now I just need to find one with a public sms command list, that is also known to work with traccar. I'm afraid of just buying any chinese watch, and find out after getting it in the mail that it's not supported.

The only one I found so far mentioned in any of these forums is the q50. Does anybody know of any other, newer models, that are also supported? I'm going to try to searching for every model one by one to see if I can find any other ones that match the 2 criteria above.

I would recommend to ask vendor for protocol documentation and then we can check if it's supported. I suspect most of the watches use same protocol, so should be supported.