Chinese clones refuse to connect

hairydog6 years ago

I have had no success getting some cheap chinese trackers to connect to the server. As far as I can make out, they are probably using a format that needs to go on port 5023 and I tell them to conect to that port on the server.
They seem happy with that but no connection is made. The apn is set, the server address and port is set, the "itv" is set and phoning gets an SMS response that indicates there is a valid GPS fix.
But there is no sign of them connecting to the server.
Nothing in the logs.
Other devices are successfully connecting to that port, so it isn't a firewall issue.
I'm not sure what to try next. If I could get some sort of connection, I could debug what they are sending, but without that I am stuck. Can anyone offer a suggestion (apart from "don't buy cheap chinese trackers" - I know that now)?

hairydog6 years ago

Found the solution! It is h02 format.

hairydog6 years ago

In case this helps anyone else, I had tried a few ports but none of them worked. But then I realised I'd not tried 5001. That got through to the log, so I was able to hex decode the message and get it to work.

DJ6 years ago

Can you share what tracker you are using and where you purchased it? I wish more people would share what tracker they are using. there is a lot of junk out there so anything confirmed is valuable info.

hairydog6 years ago

As ever, the problem is identification. This came in a box clearly marked with identification. It says "GPS Tracker" So that's clear, then!
The card inside with a few instructions says "G900 Using Guidance" on one side and "G900 Function" on the other. So I guess it must be a G900 GPS Tracker.
Bought from Newfrog, who call it "9-100V Mini GSM GPS Beidou LBS Car Tracker Vehicle Tracking Device Locator #197334" but their description is of a different device with four wires; this only has two: no sensor or relay connections.

patrick6 years ago

I have a Chinese clone Tk102b imei 35288707**** i have tried all the clone ports buy non seem to work the device is offline. The command works okay no hex message on the log file any help

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Follow troubleshooting guide.

patrick6 years ago

Anton

i have tried all that :(

Then you should already know where the problem is.

patrick6 years ago

the port 5001 is closed

Sounds like you haven't followed troubleshooting guide.