Confused by setup for TK206OBD and how to configure it

stephenc7 years ago

I've recently bought a TK206OBD after losing my car while on holiday but am really struggling with the setup, particularly when using the tracking software at www.12gps.net

Could I ask for help here please...

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

What exactly is the difficulty? Do you have a manual for the device?

stephenc7 years ago

I'm having difficulty with all of it Anton.

Listed below at the bottom of this post is the text from the Word document the seller sent me (apologies that I don't seem to be able to upload it).

These are the original instructions which refer to the device.

The sellers instructions refer to -

IP 47.90.72.45 port 12024

in advance Using mobile phone send SMS commands to device and set online platform

TK110/GT02 /TK103A/tk103B/GT06

Sim1: adminip123456 www.12gps.net 10202

Sim2: APN123456 Apn name ( APN name pls ask the sim card company ,for example tell you the apn name is ABC,so send APN123456 ABC)

But what is Sim 1 and Sim 2? I only have the sim which I have inserted into the tracking device unless it is referring to the sim in my mobile phone used to track the device but if that's the case which is which?

What do the IP and port number refer to, where do I input them and using what format?

Note:Pls insert the 2G of GSM sim card and compatible 2G of GSM network , open the gprs function and ask APN name.
www.deaoko.com or www.12gps.net
IP 47.90.72.45 port 12024
in advance Using mobile phone send SMS commands to device and set online platform
TK110/GT02 /TK103A/tk103B/GT06

Sim1: adminip123456 www.12gps.net 10202
Sim2: APN123456 Apn name ( APN name pls ask the sim card company ,for example tell you the apn name is ABC,so send APN123456 ABC)
If set the first step,device one line in platefrom, no need set apn commands

1. open www.12gps.net and registration account (fill email and right digital,point register)

2.Your mailbox will receive a password ,then use your mailbox name and password login in

3.point (fill name and device 15 digits IMEI number) point save

4.point on the left device

show device successful positioning

android APP: Scan the QR code to install the applictions on your

IOS app: search gps server in the Apple app store
click set button ,click server ---click custom server url ---- fill www.12gps.net ok

You just need to send those commands as SMS messages, as your manual fairly clearly indicates:

Using mobile phone send SMS commands to device

Sim1 and Sim2 seems to be referring to first and second commands that you need to send.

IP and port are already provided, so you just send:

adminip123456 http://www.12gps.net 10202

Then send APN details:

APN123456 <APN name>
stephenc7 years ago

Anton, I've got a 2G sim from giffgaff, registered, topped it up with credit and inserted it into the tracker. The number is 0752xxxx489 (the 'x' is there to keep my real number).

I then clicked on 'Add Object'. It asked for Name which I called TK206 and IMEI which I copied from the tracker label and then saved it.

I then went to Edit Object. The IMEI was already in place and I then chose 'Unknown TK206OBD' from the drop down list of trackers.

Finally for the Sim card number I inserted 0752xxxx489 (I assume it was requesting the telephone number for the sim which went into the tracker and not the sim in my own mobile phone which it could send messages to?

After saving this, I clicked on the object and immediately got a message saying 'No data has been received from GPS device yet.'

I tried to send adminip123456 http://www.12gps.net 10202 using Sim as the gateway (bringing up a message 'Command sent for execution successfully.') and then using GPRS (which did nothing) followed by sending APN123456 <giffgaff> with giffgaff (the APN name) in the brackets as shown.

Basically nothing has happened and I'm really frustrated that I can't get it to work. I charged the device in the OBD socket of my car as the plug in charger (mini USB is 5V and doesn't seem to charge it). When I take the sim card out and then reinsert it the blue and green LED lights flash for a few mins and then both go out.

By the way, the device is shown here.

You should remove angle brackets. I put them there to specifically indicate that you have to replace it with actual APN name. I don't think I can help with anything else.

stephenc7 years ago

Tried it without the brackets but it didn't work either.

Would there be another free gps mapping site with better instructions and feedback / setup that you can recommend please? Is Traccar a free open source mapping application or is it only by monthly subscription?

I don't have any other recommendations. Your problem has definitely nothing to do with tracking service. It's clearly with device.

Traccar is free and open source.

stephenc7 years ago

OK, I've downloaded Traccar and have it installed.

I've created a new device which I've simply called TK206 and put the IMEI number in as the identifier.

Then tried to send various commands (including 803#41.226.27.211#5002#), but each time got back an Error Message saying NullPointerException(DeviceManager:471 <command resource:38<...)

Any ideas please?

You can only send commands when device is connected to the server.

stephenc7 years ago

OK, last few questions please (I've ordered a replacement and want to ensure I understand it).

1 When I'm adding a tracker and I'm asked for the IMEI number, does this refer to the tracker device or to the sim card I've just added.

2 Is it necessary to use a 2G sim or will a 3 or 4G work?

3 Should the tracker send a signal back to the map once sim is inserted and if so how? Is it by Data or SMS?

4 Will Traccar work with the TK206OBD in just the same way as the map at http://www.12gps.net works?

5 Generally with trackers, do both LEDs remain on when working properly? Mine goes on constant green and blue for a few minutes and then go off.

1. I would recommend you check what IMEI means. SIM cards don't have IMEI numbers.

2. Depends on your device.

3. Obviously it won't send any signal until you tell it to. You have to configure device first.

4. Probably yes.

5. Check device manual on what LED states mean.