Disable Edit Notifications on Settings

Abel4 years ago

Hi There,

I tried to find a related topic in the forum, but I couldn't.

There's any way to disable the Notification option over Setting pannel, so the user can only use and asign the notifications I set to their devices, so they could not create new kind of notifications or delete them?

That way I'll have the table Notifications on MySQL with the only ones that I created, and not one of each notification per user as they create new ones.

Thanks in advance.

Abel4 years ago

Now I realized, that if I, as an Admin, I create a notifcation and asign it to all users, if one of them change a parameter on that notification, it changes for the whole server.

That's a reason more why I want to "freeze" those notifications, or do not allow any user to edit them.

I just want users to asign those notifications to the device they want to be notified about, but not create new ones or edit. So I though, disabling the section Notifications in the Setting Panel would be a good idea.

(Obvoiusly, All Devices is unchecked)

Abel4 years ago

Hi everyone,

I tried adding the last line to the SettingsMenuController.js to try to hide the Notifications button, but seems it's not working...
Any suggestions?

if (admin || manager) {
this.lookupReference('settingUsersButton').setHidden(false);
this.lookupReference('settingNotificationsButton').setHidden(true);

I added the last line and set true, but it's not working...

I assume that manager user is the default type of user for every new user registered, because in the code it only appears admin, manager and read only.. is that correct?

Juankaher4 years ago

I also need to disable notifications panel to no-admin users

David Smart4 years ago

I tried to do the same, but I can't.
Anyone know how to disable it?