Editing pop-up notification

Sifumwikea year ago

Hi, I am trying to the message that comes up when a user tries to login while their access time has already expired. I tried looking into the web/l10n/ directory but there was no language localisation variable for that in the en.json. Where can I find the text?

Pop up image I need to edit

Anton Tananaeva year ago

That's not a localizable string. If you want to change it, you need to change the backend code.

Sifumwikea year ago

Understood. Where in the backend code can I find the script to make a change? Thank you in advance.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Have you tried searching?

Sifumwikea year ago

Yes I have tried searching through the web directory on traccar backend but did not get it.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

What web directory? You have to search the full backend source code.

Sifumwikea year ago

Web directiory available when you unzip the traccar installation zip file. Just to make sure, is that the right place I am looking at? or if you could point it out for me, that'd be of great help. Thanks.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

No, it's not. I repeat again, you have to change it in the backend source code. Please make sure you read the documentation on our website first before asking further help.

Sifumwikea year ago

Understood. Let me check it out.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Yes, you have to compile the code. You would have to restart the service once you update the binary.

Sifumwikea year ago

Okay thank you.

Sifumwike9 months ago

I have downloaded the latest backend source code in order to address this issue.

However I have a question

The current traccar version running on the server is version 4.13

Won't there be any issues if I replace the existing jar file from version 4.13 to with the jar file obtained after compiling the latest backend source code?

Anton Tananaev9 months ago

There will almost definitely be problems if you're not using the matching version.

Sifumwike9 months ago

Okay.

So I am thinking my options would be either,

1. If I can get the tracker source code for version 4.13 from official git repo.
  2. Update the traccar running on the server from version 4.13 to the latest one.

Help me with suggestions on which option would be more suitable weighing both options.

Thank you.

Sifumwike9 months ago

Option 1 worked well for me, thanks for the assistance.