Extracting Single AIS MMSIs / IMOs from a Raw AIS feed - possible ?

Bob 4 years ago

Hi All,

I'm helping out a friend who needs, as part of his job to track company vehicles and the ships they are loading / unloading from

The Teltonika routers in his vans and trucks are 100% - I filter on IMEI and each vehicle position updates as required.

I have taken a raw TCP feed off of an AIS receiver that is monitoring the AIS 1 and 2 channels and get hits from all AIS enabled vessels
in a roughly 30 mile radius. I had hoped to be able to create new Traccar devices using IMO or MMSI as a filter and only
have those devices display on screen. So he knows when the vehicles are dockside and the right vehicles are with the right ships.

but as soon as I create any ship as a trackable asset and give its MMSI / IMO , each consecutive AIS message received causes the
target ship to jump around between multiple docks.

Im looking for a way to either use a wildcard of some kind to show the position of all identified ships received via AIS
or to be able to filter AIS messages by MMSI / IMO so that I can receive from the raw feed, but filter the results on a per
ship basis to display only the position of the target vessels - exactly as I do with GSM / IMEI

Is this even possible with Traccar please ? If so , what have I failed to grasp please to make this work ?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

BB

Rodrik4 years ago

I build interface from AIS , but not so trivial job ans there is too much challenges to overcome.
Works but not stable