Flextrack command responses and notifications

Hello, Tananaev

I have a Flextrack Lommy Personal model 8a3 ('Robin') connected to an instance of Traccar 3.14, running on Windows Server 2003 SE.
I can see the unit fine in the map, but I fail to receive web notifications other than 'connected' and 'disconnected' (which are also shown in the events pane and sent by email through configured SMTP server).

Commands are sent to the unit by means of SMS messages, but no SMPP server has been configured, as web notifications are preferred.

The server log shows HEX codes received corresponding to commands sent to the unit, but reponses in any form (web or mail) are missing, as are any results caused by these (i.e. device parameter changes). Are command responses not implemented for the Flextrack protocol?

Note: There is a possible source of error in that the Java 8 engine is not fully supported on the W3k server, which is shown in a warning during the installation/upgrade of the platform.

Thank you for your attention, and for building this fine piece of software!

To clarify, commands sent by SMS from a cell phone cause intended results, but commands sent by web gui fail to achieve anything.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Traccar does not support command results for Flextrack protocol at the moment.

Thanks for the quick reply. Will this be implemented in future versions, and if so what time frame is likely?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Possibly. Please send an email to support address to discuss it.

Done, thanks!