Freematics One+ stops transmitting after 4 hours or so.

Jeff Mattheson3 years ago

I ordered the freematics One+ since it was recommended here. It was a little bit involved to get the firmware building software working properly and I had trouble with my USB port not providing enough power, but anyway, I figured all of that out.

I use my own traccar server. The Freematics One+ works as expected for a few hours, between 3-5 on average, and then it stops transmitting. I keep checking it. It's lit up but won't transmit. I started the vehicle and drove around a little bit, but it never transmits.

The only way for me to get it working again is a full power cycle. Unplugging it from the OBD-II port and plugging it back in. When it reboots it works fine again for a few hours. The only edit I made to the stock firmware was the ip address and port so it would work with my server.

Anybody else had this issue? Anything I can check?

Thanks

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

I would recommend checking logs and see what's going on. You can also try contacting Freematics using this email:

support@freematics.com.au

Vladimir S3 years ago

Hi Jeff, is your problem resolved? There is lot of power saving functions that set device to standby what is really annoying..i have tried to contact freematics few times but i have no response from this company. Have Freematics ONE device.

Stanley3 years ago

Power saving is really necessary in order not to drain the battery of your car.

Vladimir S3 years ago

Stanley.. yes but in my case it will be enough to sleep when battery voltage is lower than 11,5V. I have partially resolved it with more often ping back.