G200, H02 Protocol device goes offline due to no response/acknowledgment from server

Anto4 years ago

Hello supporters,
Greetings!
I have a battery operated tracker device (G200) that works on H02 protocol and It's running fine on secumore server. However on traccar, the device goes offline after say 30 hours and remains offline until the device was manually restarted.

In the traccar server log I found the device has been sending the following heartbeat once in every 2 minutes

hex: 2a48512c3836353230353033373736363836312c485442542c343023
Equivalent String: *HQ,865205037766861,HTBT,40#

Note:
*XX,YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, HTBT# is the data structure that was mentioned in the protocol document https://www.traccar.org/protocols/ h02_cantrack_secumore.pdf . ( i.e. without any parameter after HTBT)

For some reason traccar isn't recognizing/acknowledging the above. And I suspect that could be the reason why the device goes offline after few hours.

I'd really appreciate if someone sheds light on this issue.
Thanks!

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Do you have protocol documentation?

Anto4 years ago

Dear Anton,
Thanks for your prompt response. I've requested the manufacturer several times to share the protocol information yet for some reason I haven't received any information. The closest document I could refer was the one I downloaded from your website "h02_cantrack_secumore.pdf" (thank you for that).
I could actually point the device to your server if that could be of any use. Again I highly doubt that you'll have the time to investigate on this issue and I also feel that its too much to ask. So I'll keep looking for the right protocol documentation and will share with you. Meanwihile, let me try to intercept the communication between the device and secumore server using a redirecting software like DDE server and see if I could gather any info on the protocol.
Thanks again!
-Anto

Anto4 years ago

Dear Anton,
Greetings!
Given below is the link to the revised version of cantrack_h02_protocol file, revised on Nov, 2018 and the changes are highlighted in yellow.

Protocol Document

please note that the manufacturer calls this as A3 protocol and is applicable to G01 G02 G02M G05 GT06 G200 TK100 TK200A type of devices.

Kindly review the above protocol if time permits and help me fix the issue.
Thanks a lot for your support.

-Anto

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

I don't see this format anywhere in the doc:

*HQ,865205037766861,HTBT,40#
Anto4 years ago

Neither do I. Yet this is what the manufacturer had given. :(
Thanks for reviewing
-Anto

Anto3 years ago

Dear Anton,
Greetings!
After some investigation, I found that the last paramter in the below message (i.e. 40) actually represents the battery percentage of the device. And the device doesn't send battery info along with the periodic location information message. Perhaps that's why traccar isn't displaying the battery percentage. And I'm still trying to figure out the offline issue. I'll post more details once I figure out a way to fix the issue.

*HQ,865205037766861,HTBT,40#

Thanks for your support.
-Anto

Luciano Marcon3 years ago

Dear Anton, I too have problems with the H02 protocol for the G200 device, I contacted Cantrack and managed to obtain the protocol:

Attentions: Server MUST response to
login packet and heartbeat packet, or
else data may failed to upload server.

Heartbeat data:

Model: All Models except G200
*XX,YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, HTBT#
*HQ,135790246811220,HTBT#

Model: G200
*XX,YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, HTBT,Bat_Percent#
*HQ,135790246811220,HTBT,100#

Login data:
*HQ, YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY,V0#
*HQ,135790246811220,V0#

Could you update the protocol file and send it to me?

Thanks for your time
Luciano

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

If you are interested in sponsoring the work - sure. Please send us an email to discuss details.

Anto3 years ago

Hello Luciano, release 4.12 has a fix to the issue. Kindly update if you haven't updated already. Also now the battery percentage of G200 is being properly updated.

Luciano Marcon3 years ago

Thanks Anto!