Galilosky Base block via iridium

Momen Rashad 2 years ago

I hope you are fine.

Some of our clients needs solution for out of coverage gsm ,and We would like to know if galilosky Base block via iridium works in your platform and the feature of receiving minimal data set is possible in your plaform.
So does this sample

01003a01001c05fb1bad3330303233343036393930313031300000e4000062f7956803000b000f85402088970000000502000a55f74f8e522ef38b9400

Works in your platform

All the best

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

We just implemented it a couple of days ago.

Momen Rashad 2 years ago

Interesting so how i can test it please guide me , this the first time i use this platform

You probably need to wait for the next release first.

Momen Rashad 2 years ago

Kindly how it will take , and how i can trace the versions or been notified

Don't have a date. You can subscription to the newsletter below to get notifications.

Alternatively you can compile a version from the source code. Then you don't need to way, but obviously requires some technical skills.

Momen Rashad 2 years ago

Ok thanks so much Anton I'm too excited for using it .

Momen Rashad 2 years ago

hey , btw your code works very well and fast, base on the url image https://ibb.co/WsQsxTh ,I have been test the Galileosky minimal data set via GSM till now

Momen Rashad 2 years ago

I forget to mention we already used gpswox and we try implement the decode of minimal data set of base block via iridium , and I contact Galileosky many times and they give me all the instructions of decoding with documents, after the implementation, we test it but no results of readings and they noticed and apologized for having no solutions because they required at least to hold connection for 5 seconds best would be for 10 seconds ,not to drop connection in same second when records was sent via iridium ,so do you facing this issue also ?

My guess is that the implementation is the same.

Momen Rashad 2 years ago

Anton , I don't think so ,I think you did better , their software cant at least record the data in AVL once the iridium sent the packet successfully and before this and till now , they not support the minimal data set even via GSM and totally , i noticed their is delay in decoding process only for galilosky and traccar did it and support it really fast ! which means you support the compression data feature that comes from the device ,and by the way as I mentioned the Galileosky said the iridium module impossible to hold the connection even 5 secs ! and Galileosky really guide me on how to decode the packet on every step of the minimal data set via iridium , but now I'm so excited to test it here once the new release come out officially

Momen Rashad 2 years ago

anyways, i will wait for your feedback to have a deeply test in traccar

GPSWOX actually uses a customized version of Traccar as a backend.

Momen Rashad 2 years ago

that really good news ,so you know deeply code in the backend , base on my research i only found traccar and navtrack , gps-server , wialon and navixy supported the iridium , but i'm so lucky , because for know gpswox using traccar, i have been in cycle around 1 month to use the BB via iridium in gpswox , do you think the holding of connection for 5 seconds or 10 seconds is the only solution ? because it is impossible for iridium module

I'm not sure what the problem is with the connection. You should try first and provide details if it doesn't work.