Gator Caref Watch

vinaygupta868 years ago

I need the protocol for Gator Caref Watch. Can you please help me out..

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

You can take a look here:

https://www.traccar.org/protocols/

nicholwk8 years ago

If you have an active child (or a child for that matter!) I HIGHLY suggest considering another product. This child GPS has such a limited warranty, that it does not make sense to give the watch to a child. The GPS is quite erratic, shows that my son is in several houses near ours, when the watch is sitting on the charger. I called the frustrating customer service line and was told that someone would contact me about the problem soon. I received an email (in timely fashion, I will concede) that was just an excerpt from the FAQ page THAT DID NOT ANSWER my question. So I called again, finally receiving an email that addressed my problem. I was to expand the home area. One problem, my child's roaming restrictions fall into this area. Therefore the watch was not useful.

But this is not the only reason for my discontent. My son had used the watch for ~20 minutes on two separate occasions. The watch fell off of his wrist on the second occasion because the pin holding the clasp together was improperly inserted. The entire watch fell as he was riding his bike and the watch face shattered on the curb. I contacted (responses always only through email, no ability to actually TALK to someone!!) customer service (which seems to be just one person, Jesse). I was told that the warranty does not cover face damage. I insisted that the fault was with the manufacturing and that a problem there SHOULD be covered under any warranty. Five email responses , several voicemail messages left on my part, one voicemail from Jesse with the incorrect call back number!, and many emails received with more excerpts from the FAQ page that did not apply to my situation, and the final outcome is that CAREF does not stand behind their product! I was told that it was my child's fault and therefore I could purchase (at regular internet price) a new one. Of course I could purchase a new one but why would I? Customer service is terrible, the GPS is too sensitive (received 16 alerts that my 10 year old left and returned to the house between 2 am and 4 am!!), and the warranty is no warranty at all!

My suggestion to any that are considering this product, think very carefully about how active your child is, what your home range will be (city or suburban areas are too dense for a couple blocks radius), and how much do you want to spend time and time again after your child falls and cracks the face-plate.

vinaygupta868 years ago

Hi,

I can help you out with the details of the manufacturer of this watch

GATOR GROUP CO .LTD

Tel:+86-755-61664333 Cell:+86-131-2883-0351
Company website:www.gatorcn.com
Company Address:5F,TKG Building NO.11,YangTian Road,the 72nd Zone of Bao an District Shenzhen

Actually i am also facing issues with this watch as Gator has stopped manufacturing this model and their support is very poor.I am having some devices with me which are not working.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Just want to note one thing here relevant to any GPS-bases device. GPS signal can't penetrate roof or walls, so generally GPS doesn't work indoors. Sometimes it's still possible to get some reflected signal through windows, but it will be weak and inaccurate.

The way smartphones deal with this issue is that they use cell towers and wifi points to triangulate location. It's very complicated problem, so most simple and cheap GPS trackers can't do that.