Get a free GPS tracker

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I have a few GPS tracking devices that I bought a while ago and never used, so I decided to give them away. To get a chance of receiving a free device, you need to contribute to the project in some way or promote the project. You can write an article on how you or your company uses Traccar, record a YouTube video about Traccar, write a documentation on how to use or install Traccar (can be in your native language). Any other creative and interesting ideas are also welcome. Make sure in the material that you produce you link back to official Traccar website, so people know where to look for more information.

There are 4 devices total up for grabs. See photos below. To participate comment on this thread (preferred) or email support. Winners will be selected early in October. I will select most interesting and useful contributions. I don't expect huge participation, so chances of getting a free GPS tracker are pretty good.

Trackers are free, but you would need to pay shipping cost from NZ (rates). Some of the trackers are tested and some are not, but all of them are brand new, so devices should work fine. I don't provide any guarantees about quality or working condition.

GPS trackers

has6 years ago

Dear Anton,
thanks alot for your offer.
as you know from my previous forums titled "sensor/ microcontroller/GPS and GSM". I had handmade microcontroller board with GPS and GSM modules,but i cannot connect it to traccar server. i used the mobile client and its good. ‎therefore, i need the a free device you offers.
regarding to the using of Traccar, i have a great idea to use traccar in tracking and monitoring of nuclear materials cask. i already published a paper on that idea ( https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-99010-1_57 ). therefore, I hope you like the paper idea , and then helping me in applying it by your free offers.

Zecman6 years ago

Hi Anton, I have the one on the left and can't get it to work with Traccar. Is it compatible?
I do not want to hijack your post. Just a y/n would be great. :-D

It should be compatible, but I don't remember which protocol it uses.

Peter6 years ago

Hi Anton,

good offer Anton, I hope this might qualify

I would like to find a way to get the OBD II tracker you have working with my 2003 Isuzu Trooper, which as you
can see below uses a proprietary OBD pinout, but as soon as I figure it out I can offer the information to all
other Isuzu Trooper and Holden Jackaroo owners around the world :-)

http://pinoutguide.com/CarElectronics/isuzu_car_obd_ii_pinout.shtml

would be great to get it working and promote Traccar to car and van owners who do not have standard OBD II
connectors in their vehicles

http://pinoutguide.com/dev/Isuzu/Trooper/

all the best
Peter

Sure. You need to post some useful information and refer back to Traccar to qualify. Please provide a proof link here when you have done it.

It's the first of October, so time for the draw.

For now only has is getting a free device. Please email me with details on which device you want and where to ship it.

Peter, if you have anything to qualify, please send me details as well.

For anyone else, I still have free devices to go. The offer is still valid. Provide a proof link to something that features Traccar and you instantly win a free GPS tracker. First come first served basis now.

Alexnev6 years ago

Здравствуйте, Антон!
Спасибо за Ваш сервис!
Я проанализировал десятки платформ GPS-мониторинга и пришел к выводу, что самая лучшая платформа – это Traccar. Мой трекер GM06NW. Я физическое лицо. Увлекся GPS навигацией и хочу поделиться своими впечатлениями. Я установил Traccar Server на Windows-10 и Raspberry Pi. Все работает отлично.
Моя цель - это отслеживание местоположения автомобиля с функцией сигнализации.

Достоинства этой платформы (сервера):

1. Стабильная работа трекера. При потере связи со спутниками, связь не обрывается и восстанавливается при установлении связи со спутниками. (На других платформах - восстанавливается только перезагрузкой или повторным включением)
  2. Точность отслеживания треков по маршруту.
  3. Очень приятный и понятный интерфейс.
  4. Удобный и информативный функционал.

Предложения по совершенствованию программы:

1. Улучшить конфигурацию и сервис отчетов по примеру платформы https://gts4b.com.
  2. Включить импорт треков.
  3. Добавить функцию проигрывания треков.
  4. Добавить историю изменений в системе.
  5. Создать интерактивную справку.
  6. Создать всплывающие подсказки.
  7. В отчете отображать не координаты, а конкретный адрес.
    С уважением, Алексей.

Alexnev, я думаю что вы не совсем поняли что требуется для участия. Информацию надо опубликовать где-нибудь в другом месте и дать ссылку на сайт. Идея в том чтобы больше людей узнали о Traccar. Те кто читает этот форум естественно уже знают о системе.

Alexnev6 years ago

Добрый день, Антон!
Я под именем AlexGPS на сайте "Каталог Статей.рф" опубликовал статью "Платформа GPS-слежения Traccar Server на Raspberry Pi 3B".
Вот моя ссылка:
http://xn----7sbabno2abl4a9aggb.xn--p1ai/auto/platforma-gps-slezhenia-traccar-server-na-raspberry-pi-3b.html

Отлично. Присылайте свои координаты по почте и выбирайте устройство.

captain paranoia5 years ago

I tried to encourage the use of Traccar for monitoring Duke of Edinburgh Award participants during their expedition, since I've started using it for that. Not sure how successful I was, but the Facebook group reaches quite a lot of DofE leaders.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/363353847175586?view=permalink&id=1166290326881930

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

I get "content not found" error. Is it a private group?

captain paranoia5 years ago

Ah, yes, it is a private group. Sorry, I forgot that...

I'm not really after a free tracker; postage NZ to UK would probably be more than I can buy one, sent from China. Crazy, isn't it...?

I am trying to spread the word about Traccar, though, because I think it's great, and deserves to be used.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

It is crazy and a bit annoying. Anyway, if you decide to get one of the devices, let me know. By the way, I'm moving to the US soon. Shipping might be cheaper from there.