GPS Logger with WiFi Connection

Frank6 years ago

i need a gps tracker that works with wifi connection. the idea is simple, the gps trakcer keep the data stored on the device, and when it have internet connection, send the logged data to the traccar server.
is there some raspberrypi project for something like this?
Thanks!

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

You can use any smartphone with Traccar Client installed on it.

Frank6 years ago

I'm using that now, but it's not accurate and there are big gaps.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It probably means that there is some problem with your phone. If you are using a recent version of Android, doze mode might be interfering with the app. Also remember that GPS needs clear sky visibility. It doesn't work if you are indoors, near tall buildings or there's something else is blocking the view.

Matyi Szabolcs5 years ago

Hello everyone!

My question is the same. I'm looking for a client for Linux. The tralnx works well but only with SIM. But I'm looking for a SIM card-free version. When the device comes home it uploads the data to wifi. Tracker (raspberry / orangepi) logs to a file during the day. Is this possible?

Thanks

Jakatal 4 years ago

Hi there. Is there a ready to use hardware with GPS and WiFi which can be mounted onto trucks? I need it for agriculture to get reports automatically created in the end.

Jakatal 3 years ago

I actually found some reports about UlboTech T365 gps tracker would be OBD2 with GPS and Wifi for sync. But do not know if it support buffering.
Is there any ideas or help on this topic?
Actually any 12V powered device which collects GPS data and syncs once Wifi is available would be great!